Lag when server full - 40-50 players, weird action desync? basic.cfg

dagg929

The machine itself is not using more than 20% cpu at any given time (we run other servers) and are on a gb port from secured servers. Needless, the machine can handle it.

For some reason however players are getting lag when picking up/using an action with an item. It takes a minute or so to execute. Which basic.cfg setting would this be that I need to tweak?

Any advice here is greatly appreciated. On the advice of thevisad I'm using his tweaked basic.cfg

MinBandwidth=10000000;
MaxBandwidth=40000000;
MaxMsgSend=32;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.050000001;
MinErrorToSend=0.001;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
maxPacketSize=1400;
};
serverLongitude=-112;
serverLatitude=33;
serverLongitudeAuto=-112;
serverLatitudeAuto=33;

Your config looks fine there. On a curious note, what type of equipment are you running this on? CPU/Motherboard/Memory type? Also what addons are installed and are you using any addition things other then the mods from Reality? Have you thrown in the ssZeds package?

I do have the ssZeds package. E31270V2, 16gb of RAM

Using a few fixes, running the custom loot spawns fix and the dynamicweather (both exist, you just port them over and tell them to be referenced instead of the regular pbo's for the server.)

I do have Sarge's AI but have since disabled it yesterday to see if this issue was still occurring (it was.) I have streetlights and houselights from:
http://opendayz.net/threads/working-house-lighting.7153/
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-street-lights.9112/
And night fog from:

http://opendayz.net/threads/ground-fog-guide.8909/page-2#post-30340

I've tried disabling these to see an improvement but it has not been that noticable. The lag is only when completing an action - bandage, bloodbag, pick something up, etc.

Would this be classified as database desync or? Server FPS doesn't get lower than 6 that I've noticed. The settings above also cause it to use a TON less bandwidth than what default had it set too (We do notice it performed better with your settings, thevisad.)

Thanks for all the assistance.

Is the database hosted on the same machine? If it's not, the delay might be killing it.

i have noticed a similar thing and i am running similar modifications to the server aswell. I have limited the sarge AI to see if that is causing the issue but i have been noticed alot of desync while only running one server on 60 slots compared to the normal 2 servers on 60 and 1 on 40. While running an older version of this server pack it was fine and we could run all 3 servers with no desync.

System specs are:
Intel Xeon E3-1245 @ 3.8Ghz
RAM: 32GB
and 100MB internet on a GB port / switch

Its not the server pack, there is nothing in the server pack that causes the lag. It is the things that were added/changed in 1.7.6.1 that is causing this issue. There are hundreds of reports about this issue ever since the move t0 1.7.6.1.

We had that issue when the database was hosted on the same machine.
Moving the database to our webhosting account cleared a lot of that up.
Mysql can kill the servers performance.

My server has been crippling lately, I think the reason being is that the database is quite full now, also, my server isn't the best either.

MySQL won't use a lot of CPU, or bandiwth, but it does a bunch of r/w. So if your disks are slow, your performance will suffer.

Either way it is important that you optimize MySQL, and preferably run it on Linux.

My server has been crippling lately, I think the reason being is that the database is quite full now, also, my server isn't the best either.

MySQL won't use a lot of CPU, or bandiwth, but it does a bunch of r/w. So if your disks are slow, your performance will suffer.

Either way it is important that you optimize MySQL, and preferably run it on Linux.

Actually that's incorrect, current harddrives, even the 5400 rpm drives are sufficiently fast to read and write sql data. This would be true in a situation where you have 10000+ connections coming from multiple sources. However, here you have a single source connecting into a single sql server. Looking at the example below, the guy ran the same queries on a 7200 rpm and then on a 5400 rpm drive. He had a response time of 7 and 12 seconds respectively on the drives to return almost 4 millions rows of data. In that situation, the 7200 RPM assisted; however, dayz doesnt return rows like that.

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?24,577797,577797#msg-577797

Actually that's incorrect, current harddrives, even the 5400 rpm drives are sufficiently fast to read and write sql data. This would be true in a situation where you have 10000+ connections coming from multiple sources. However, here you have a single source connecting into a single sql server. Looking at the example below, the guy ran the same queries on a 7200 rpm and then on a 5400 rpm drive. He had a response time of 7 and 12 seconds respectively on the drives to return almost 4 millions rows of data. In that situation, the 7200 RPM assisted; however, dayz doesnt return rows like that.

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?24,577797,577797#msg-577797
This may be true, but one can not eliminate the fact that the faster your HDD the quicker the random r/w will be done.
I'm pretty sure that back when I ran my database on a SSD machine it was somewhat faster than now, but then I didn't do any benchmarks and can't back any of the stuff up.

Back