Lock & Unlock Vehicle

noaim

Is there an Lock & Unlock Vehicle script for DayZ mod +1.8.4?

I've seen the one of Epoch, but I cant input that into DayZ mod since it uses own Keys Items..

anyone a idea?

would even consider to take an private-plugin.

that would require a database read/write and there is no field for it. What you could do is install the inidbi which is serverside only and then you could read/write the vehicles lock status when it is near a player.
I would use R3F logistics since it already has all the lock/unlock code in it and you edit inside those actions.

So it would go like this:
  1. Install inidbi onto your server.
  2. Add the init code to your init.sqf
  3. Edit the R3F lock/unlock actions to check the iniDB and get the vehicle status
    If its locked, lock the vehicle. If the player locked it then show unlock option.
    if its unlocked, show the lock option.
  4. In the R3F lock/unlock actions, save the new vehicle state in the iniDB.
Yeah, thinking about this, its not too difficult and I have full confidence in your abilities. Let us know how its coming along and if you need any help.

so you originally asked FOR locking, now you would prefer without locking? .. and it DOES work. What doesn't work 'out of the box' is saving/loading the locked status but I told you how to do that EASILY.

But you can add that paint script into dayz .. i see nothing special about it that would require epoch.

Back