Looking for a script....

Shibdib

specifically something I can stick in a .bat that I can run once a week using BEC.

I want to delete all spawned vehicles and then respawn a set number of new ones.

Any scripters wanna help?

Disregard this, am trying to get vehicles that are destroyed to auto respawn back at their original coords tho every restart.

I have been writing a DOT NET, in C#, .exe that I run using windows scheduled tasks to connect to mySQL (and do stuff) and RCON to the server to send messages or restart etc. using BattleNet.

Works well, have even made some in-game games with it for a recent LAN meeting..

Won't vehicles re-spawn back to one of their positions in world_vehicle if they are destroyed (depending on chance). You can always insert/edit a specific vehicle in instance_vehicle to ensure it is back where you want it..

If your using bliss there is a option that you have to run when you spawn the vehicles to delete them anyway ;) just add --cleanup to the end of your spawn, however i belive that also causes your tents and other stuff to go poof, alternatively you could just run a mysql query that deletes your stuff from the db its like for anything that has damage of 1 because it wont spawn when it has damage 1

I do most of mine directly to the MySQL server. I have a fairly quiet server, though getting busier so need to think about maintenance..

Already have lots of options on the web page to edit the database, some just require rejoining the server (survivor specific) other stuff (buildings and vehicles) want a server restart..

Yeah i usually just use workbench or myphpadmin, lately i have been using myphpadmin cause i have been working on mainly my development server on my pc and not the live server.

You can just create a mysql update query that sets the damage to 0 for all vehicles that have a damage 1, and that would make any vehicles that have already died respawn on the next restart, just have that run right before the restart. i think you can do a mysql procedure even if you wanted to get all fancy.

Yeah i usually just use workbench or myphpadmin, lately i have been using myphpadmin cause i have been working on mainly my development server on my pc and not the live server.

You can just create a mysql update query that sets the damage to 0 for all vehicles that have a damage 1, and that would make any vehicles that have already died respawn on the next restart, just have that run right before the restart. i think you can do a mysql procedure even if you wanted to get all fancy.

All of this is completely over my head...

go into db_spawn_vehicles.pl and change

Code:
    my $sth = $dbh->prepare(<<EndSQL
delete from
  instance_vehicle
where
  instance_id = ?
  and damage = 1
EndSQL

To

Code:
    my $sth = $dbh->prepare(<<EndSQL
update
  instance_vehicle set damage=0
where
  instance_id = ?
  and damage = 1
EndSQL

and run with the --cleanup all option and it will fix all the vehicles in the db that are broken before spawning new ones.

this is only bliss servers

I dont have access to that file as I'm on a managed server. I can pretty much access everything except the server startup files. The games current state doesnt warrant spending anything close to the amount needed for an average dedicated box.

ah sorry can't really say much else about that, tbh i have been thinking about spending money on a dedi to get a MSO server going and play all the other arma missions like dayZ

I played alot of arma before coming to dayz. I will warn you that the arma 2 community is pretty small... good luck pulling them away from already well established servers

The only community i worry about is my own, im not here to recruit :) im just trying to up the fun we already have

Back