Loot in new buildings

Sup3rn0va

Hello, i'm inside the editor now and adding some firestations and gas stations around the map, and im wondering, will the loot (weapons, bandages etc) spawn be auto generated inside them or do i have to add spawns ? i saw something about editing config but then players need to download it and blah blah blah, the server i play on have custom buildings and they have loot inside and i never downloaded anything, or do they download it auto when they join my server ? :)

Sorry for bad inglish :D

wait what ? can you translate that to a noob ? :p i use dayzcc.tk's controlcenter, and if i add the buildings the loot will spawn auto you say ? :D or did i miss understood that one ?

Thanks :) il just put in another fast question, when i add fuel stations and i have the refuel script for fuel stations, do i have to add locations to the new fuel stations inside the script ?

Thanks :) il just put in another fast question, when i add fuel stations and i have the refuel script for fuel stations, do i have to add locations to the new fuel stations inside the script ?

That's a good question. I'm not exactly sure. I would have to take a look at the refuel script you use.

From what i can tell. the refuel script works by putting an area around the listed objects, right off the top of my head, smalltank rusttank largelandtank something like that, so to see what buildings you have to put down for the refuel script to self attach to, just take a look at the list in the sqf file.

if you used the same buildings that loot spawns in on the regular map they will. (aka you use the same barracks mil loot will spawn / use construction site industrial items will spawn etc etc) since the spawn points are tied to the actual buildings than to map locations. I think i saw a tutorial on how to add loot points but that was by map location.

I used firestation but it has blue doors, not red like the other origianl firestations got, and the fuel stations are yellow not red ?!?

OA has a lot of the same buildings but with different colors. Loot spawns are NOT tied to these buildings though, learned that the hard way.

just a heads up , ive mapped in some buildings like a hospital and offices and general store and the loot did spawn well not at first but you just need to walk about 100m away then go back :)

DeWynter do you have a pbo file with the original buildings so i can use in 3d editor ? :) and is it possible to remove the buildings i added ? Will try that now royalcuppa ;)

Loot spawns are set to coordinates within a building, which is different than the regular map coordinates. They are tied to the Class ID of the building, so if you add more of a building that already has loot positions assigned to it, it will spawn loot, no matter where you put it on the map.

An easy way to check if a building will spawn loot is grab the Class ID of the one you want. Go to your DayZ (or w/e mod you're using) > Addons folder and unpack the dayz_code.pbo with pbo view or any other unpacker. Now open the config.cpp in a text editor and do a quick search (Ctrl+F) and search for the Class ID of the building.

Many of the buildings in Arma 2 have multiple versions, so just check that you're using the correct one that will spawn loot and zombies unless you would be going for a kind of safe-zone.

Ok thanks :) but i need a file i can add in the addons folder to add the buildings in the 3deditor, serached for days only comming back to the one i used and there's no buildings in that file that spawns loot :( and the fuel stations is not working either, im adding it with the large_land_tank or what its named.

Back