Map Marker - Invisible Players?

Cloud Filth

Greetings

Many people on my server enjoy the ability to see themselves on the map, however it is a feature not worth being able to be seen by the other players, and identify vehicles and other things you don't even know are there? (I mean really..? what a joke)

I haven't figured out a way to edit the map cursor itself to just show your location, where should I be looking? - It doesn't seem like it would be a hard fix.. , Basically I want waypoints to remain active (which they are) and the map cursor showing your location. I do NOT however want it to be able to see other peoples locations

/I am guessing that this happens due to the fact that in Day Z everyone is forced to be on the side "team" so to speak, but I am unsure

Hi,

You have to edit your "*.ArmA2OAProfile " file. If you are using "DayZ Bliss" the file is located in "/dayz_1.chernarus/Users/Bliss/Bliss.ArmA2OAProfile"

Open the file and change:
map=0;

This way other players won't be shown on the map, but you won't be able to see your own location on the map too - you can't have them both.

Back