Missions not spawning in at all!

JohnyMST

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with the missions on my server that I had working before the newest Epoch Patch 1.0.2.5

After the new update, I obviously had to re-do everything and I got all working except SARGE AI missions etc.

I asked for help on Epoch forums however noone seems to know what the problem is.

So to make it simple:
In my "init.sqf" I have added the following code:
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";          //Sarge AI
call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";                              //Sarge AI
[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";                                                  //Sarge AI

then in my "description.ext" I have added the following code on the bottom of that file:
Code:
//Sarge AI Missions
#include "addons\SARGE\SAR_define.hpp"

Finally, I have "Addons" folder in the main server folder which contains all SARGE files.
In the "Addons" folder I have 3 other folders: "SARGE", "SHK_pos" and "UPSMON"

Is there anything else that I missed while installing this?

Please help me, It's really boring without the missions and I'm giving up with looking for a fix...

If it's any condolence, I have the same issue, albeit, I'm still running 1.0.2.4.
I too am rather at my wits end with this issue, as I haven't been able to resolve it.
Is your SARGE AI running smoothly though?
What other addons do you have? I've heard that you should only install SARGE AI, check it, and then install the missions, and then check that to see if it works. After everything has been verified, you should start installing other addons (self blood bag, auto refuel etc.).
It might be worth a shot to start from scratch again.
Good luck!

My Sarge is not working at all. No Missions or anything else to do with Sarge.

Everything else works great and I did install in the order you mentioned.

Anyone knows what might be wrong?

Sarge AI and Side Missions are two separate entities. You can install SARGE AI and not the missions, and visa-versa.

Ehh not to many people are here to help us out...

It looks to me that I've done everything correctly but still no missions for me. I followed the tutorial on how to install it from this forums...

Listen, I ran into an interesting situation on my server the other day. I came across a group of about 10 soldier guarding an airplane. They were just standing there. I thought it could have been a mission that I never got a notification about. Could it be that the missions are in fact working, but the pop-up mission briefing and map locations aren't being triggered?
I've also joined my server directly after a restart, to ensure that I wasn't just missing the missions when they popped up.

Check on the Epoch forums for the Remote Messages fix (I think that's what its called). I added that to my server a month ago when those popups weren't happening, the remote message fix worked perfectly and the AI are spawning just fine. Worth a shot ?

Hey UrbanSkaters,
Thanks for the tip. I actually just updated to 1.0.8.3 and 1.0.2.5 so ended up redoing everything (much to the chagrin of a few players!)
I installed SARGE AI and Side Missions first, and then tested it, and it worked. Now I'm slowly adding more and more scripts and making sure that the oddball script doesn't ruin it.
Regardless, thanks for your input!

Back