More Skins for DayZ 1.8.6.1

Hansi

hi

I`am working on the DayZ mod and i make a script for more skins and i will share it

First step create a folder and call it custom

Copy the file "player_switchModel.sqf" in the "custom" folder
You can find the file here: dayz_code\compile

Open "player_switchModel.sqf" and find this line:

removeAllWeapons _newUnit;

After that line add this:

removeAllItems _newUnit;

Copy the file "variables.sqf" in the "custom" folder
You can find the file here: dayz_code\init

Open "variables.sqf" and find this line:

AllPlayers = ["Survivor_DZ","Survivor1_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","Survivor3_DZ"];

_skins_camo =["RU_Soldier_SL","GUE_Commander"];
_skins_soldier =["CZ_Soldier_DES_EP1","Rocket_DZ","US_Soldier_EP1","GUE_Soldier_CO"];
_skins_sniper =["BAF_Soldier_Sniper_MTP"];
_skins_survival =["Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC","TK_GUE_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1"];
AllPlayers = AllPlayers + _skins_camo + _skins_soldier + _skins_sniper + _skins_survival;

Then find this line:

DayZ_Male = ["Survivor_DZ","Survivor1_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Survivor3_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ"];

DayZ_Male = DayZ_Male + _skins_camo + _skins_soldier + _skins_sniper + _skins_survival;

Copy the file "compiles.sqf" in the "custom" folder
You can find the file here: dayz_code\init

Open "compiles.sqf" and find this line:

player_wearClothes = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_wearClothes.sqf";

Change it to:

player_wearClothes = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\player_wearClothes.sqf";

Then find:

player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\ui_selectSlot.sqf";

Change it to:

player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\ui_selectSlot.sqf";

In "description.ext"

Add this at the buttom:

#include "custom\extra_rc.hpp"

Download link:

http://www.filedropper.com/skins_3

Copy the downloadet files and skins folder in the custom folder.

That´s it have fun ;)

Thank´s to Maca134 for his extra right click script!

Thanks for contributing! You are going to be one of the "goto guys" for 1.8.6.1!

But I have a suggestion from personal experience here. Do not put the edited files for download and ask admins to just use yours (your filedropper/skins_3) What if you move/delete that file? What if the admin had already edited that file and your files overwrote his edits?
Its best to just give all the steps to edit those files.

If you do want to provide the files, there is a "resources" section where you can upload your files and instructions so they are here for eternity.

Last edited:
Back