Need help adding mods to your missions?

Will get working on this tomorrow. As far as the supplies for meds/mil loot drops go, I am not sure if I can do something like that unless there is already a mod/addon for it. Something you need to remember though, is that other maps are not just maps, they are their own complete mods. Namalsk, taviana, Origins, etc all run their own versions and coding, but use select sections of coding from the original dayz (Chernarus) to keep them up to date with stuff like combat rolling and all.

Ahh ok, don't worry about the drops then. You're plenty busy helping other folks too, so I don't want to eat up more of your time.

I never change maps, as everyone seems to like either Chernarus, or Taviana best. I do understand (I think) that you're saying the things I've asked for will only pertain to the Chernarus files I provided, and that if I wanted a different map, I would have to ask you to do the same things for the other servers, too.

We have a Origins server so that kind of fulfills our taste for Taviana.

Ahh ok, don't worry about the drops then. You're plenty busy helping other folks too, so I don't want to eat up more of your time.

I never change maps, as everyone seems to like either Chernarus, or Taviana best. I do understand (I think) that you're saying the things I've asked for will only pertain to the Chernarus files I provided, and that if I wanted a different map, I would have to ask you to do the same things for the other servers, too.

We have a Origins server so that kind of fulfills our taste for Taviana.

Some things you asked for can be added to your taviana server, and even your origins server (Origins is out for servers now? Gonna have to get a second server for that!) but I am not sure if all of it can.

Also side note for anyone wishing to add a tow/lift script, I recommend R3F Logistics. Reason: You do not have to add a ton of different scripts, it is fully customizable so you can add any vehicles to it, and it is easier to install.

For those wanting AI, again I recommend Sarge's AI framework. Reason: It is just as easy to install, the AI are player triggered meaning they only spawn within a set range of a player (Like zombies do), you can change the loot and items they spawn with, and there are 3 classes (Soldier, Survivor, Bandit) as well as several skins on each.

I recommend Krix's self bloodbagging for those wishing for it obviously because it is one of the 3 self bloodbagging mods that are on here, and it works the best out of all of them.

For the debug monitor, I cant really say. I use the Dual Debug monitor myself, which came with the DayZ admin tools. It does get a bit buggy, but it works perfectly none the less.

For auto refuel, repair, or rearming, I recommend Mattz scripts. If you are running a different map besides chernaurus, I will be more than happy to add buildings and triggers for those wishing for auto anything. (I will be more than happy to add any building actually).

For those wanting dogs, I am not sure what to say. I have tried several dog scripts, and ALL of them are extremely buggy. They don't always work, are too loud, or just don't work at all. I am not saying I won't add them for those that want them, but what I am saying is that there is no guarantee that they wont work right or that they will not bug up your server.

Anyway, those are my recommendations for the scripts I have tried. Any other scripts I have not done too much with so I don't have room to speak for the other scripts.

Some things you asked for can be added to your taviana server, and even your origins server (Origins is out for servers now? Gonna have to get a second server for that!) but I am not sure if all of it can.

Also side note for anyone wishing to add a tow/lift script, I recommend R3F Logistics. Reason: You do not have to add a ton of different scripts, it is fully customizable so you can add any vehicles to it, and it is easier to install.

For those wanting AI, again I recommend Sarge's AI framework. Reason: It is just as easy to install, the AI are player triggered meaning they only spawn within a set range of a player (Like zombies do), you can change the loot and items they spawn with, and there are 3 classes (Soldier, Survivor, Bandit) as well as several skins on each.

I recommend Krix's self bloodbagging for those wishing for it obviously because it is one of the 3 self bloodbagging mods that are on here, and it works the best out of all of them.

For the debug monitor, I cant really say. I use the Dual Debug monitor myself, which came with the DayZ admin tools. It does get a bit buggy, but it works perfectly none the less.

For auto refuel, repair, or rearming, I recommend Mattz scripts. If you are running a different map besides chernaurus, I will be more than happy to add buildings and triggers for those wishing for auto anything. (I will be more than happy to add any building actually).

For those wanting dogs, I am not sure what to say. I have tried several dog scripts, and ALL of them are extremely buggy. They don't always work, are too loud, or just don't work at all. I am not saying I won't add them for those that want them, but what I am saying is that there is no guarantee that they wont work right or that they will not bug up your server.

Anyway, those are my recommendations for the scripts I have tried. Any other scripts I have not done too much with so I don't have room to speak for the other scripts.

Please feel free to use the scripts/mods you think meet the intent. Which exact towing, debug, or auto refuel (I didn't ask for that, crap! I meant to - I edit'ed my post and ask there) I'll leave up to you as you know which ones work the best / least amount of bugs. Hell if there are other "neat" things you want to toss in, go for it! :)

In regards to Origins... the server files are still tightly in the dev teams hands. We have a Origins server from GTX (the dev team's "server partner organization") and we have zero access to any files. Stop, start, restart, and some other minor things are all we can do.

I'll just ask for the Chernarus mods for now, as I have a established nightly crew who are enjoying it and I don't want to upset that apple-cart.

Hi dlcoates them files i gave you i don't need them doing anymore ..after you showed me them things the other night ..Everything just clicked for me ..I've added them by myself clap clap lol...cheers for your help:)

Reactions: Cur
Hi dlcoates them files i gave you i don't need them doing anymore ..after you showed me them things the other night ..Everything just clicked for me ..I've added them by myself clap clap lol...cheers for your help:)

Glad to be of service. Yeah, it is pretty easy once you learn how to do it. But the only thing I really showed you how to do was your battleye filters, not how to install the mods lol. But, if you have it working, then that's good to hear.

If you ever need any more help, just drop by my TS any time.

First of, I'd like to start by thanking you for the time you are putting into helping fools like me with these script additions. You have answered a very big prayer when it came to further administrating my server.

Included is a brief list of addons I would like to implement on my server. I have successfully been able to add the A.I. script, but have run into problems with the other three. I have added the A.I. as part of this to ensure that any changes you make would affect that plugin as well.

Vehicle Part Stripping - http://opendayz.net/threads/strip-vehicles-for-parts.7986/
A.I. - http://opendayz.net/threads/sarge-ai-framework-public-release.8391/
Base Building - http://www.opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/
Removing Clothes - http://opendayz.net/threads/remove-clothes-from-dead-bodies.8961/

The default "dayz_mission.pbo" is attached and I will have to obtain the server.pbo for you once I leave work this afternoon.

On behalf of my entire server base, we thank you for at least attempting to aid us in our time of need.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
  • dayz_server.pbo
    56 KB · Views: 0
First of, I'd like to start by thanking you for the time you are putting into helping fools like me with these script additions. You have answered a very big prayer when it came to further administrating my server.

Included is a brief list of addons I would like to implement on my server. I have successfully been able to add the A.I. script, but have run into problems with the other three. I have added the A.I. as part of this to ensure that any changes you make would affect that plugin as well.

Vehicle Part Stripping - http://opendayz.net/threads/strip-vehicles-for-parts.7986/
A.I. - http://opendayz.net/threads/sarge-ai-framework-public-release.8391/
Base Building - http://www.opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/
Removing Clothes - http://opendayz.net/threads/remove-clothes-from-dead-bodies.8961/

The default "dayz_mission.pbo" is attached and I will have to obtain the server.pbo for you once I leave work this afternoon.

On behalf of my entire server base, we thank you for at least attempting to aid us in our time of need.

Ooh, part stripping, been looking for that. Going to have to add that to my server as well!

And another nice one, removing clothing from bodies, looks like your going for the ArmA 3 feel with that one.

Ooh, part stripping, been looking for that. Going to have to add that to my server as well!

And another nice one, removing clothing from bodies, looks like your going for the ArmA 3 feel with that one.

Honestly, just going for my idea of the most "realistic" zombie apocalypse simulator. This is just a small stepping stone in the right direction.

Overall the loot tables are going to be tuned down so finding camo clothing or engine parts are going to be more common on other cars or players than just random piles.

Honestly, just going for my idea of the most "realistic" zombie apocalypse simulator. This is just a small stepping stone in the right direction.

Overall the loot tables are going to be tuned down so finding camo clothing or engine parts are going to be more common on other cars or players than just random piles.

Nice idea, you should make your own mod for that. Thats pretty much what we are doing on my server. Public for testing, pretty much a trial and error of mod testing, trying to get a nice combo of good mods, then the next step is map making, then adding on new weapons/skins/models/vehicles. After that, it's just a matter of releasing the files to dayz commander and the public.

Nice idea, you should make your own mod for that. Thats pretty much what we are doing on my server. Public for testing, pretty much a trial and error of mod testing, trying to get a nice combo of good mods, then the next step is map making, then adding on new weapons/skins/models/vehicles. After that, it's just a matter of releasing the files to dayz commander and the public.

Haha, sounds like a carbon copy of my exact plan for my server, but it will be more private with a story driven background and support for squad/clan/team based combat.

but it will be more private with a story driven background

Lmao, all maps have a story. When mine is released, it will blow your mind. You want a TRUE zombie apocalypse? How about Nuclear Warfare gone wrong, radiation caused mutation which caused the zombies, mutated creatures, all kinds of goodies, including something I mentioned in the post located here: http://opendayz.net/threads/request-nuke.9316/

and support for squad/clan/team based combat.

Same, mine will allow the use of arma 2 skins, so anyone in a clan/squad with the squad XML enabled ie. http://82ndadsquad.webs.com/squad.xml will look exactly like they would in ArmA 2. They will have patches on the side of not only vehicles, but on any buildings they make (Using modified origins buildings code so it wont show names, but logos instead, just not in chat) and on their clothing as well, whether it be as a patch on soldier clothes, on the hat for survivors, on the back for bandits, or on the vest pocket for hero's. Obviously ghili suits will require planning, but great works take time.

Hi,

Could you do these for me. server map is cherno vilayer hosted
/
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/
Okay I added most of them and got rid of the unbanned vehicles one because everyone says it doesn't work so they only one I need you to add is the base building.

Could you please add me on skype automaticmb
As I would rather give you FTP acsess so you can get to the files you need than me uploading them to a file sharing site you may or maynot trust.

Good on you dude!

Respect that this guy is helping you out of his own kindness! He owes you nothing, and is helping, do not complain.

Whos that aimed that? whos complaining?
No one in particular, don't worry.:) you're all great
There have been multiple threads where people who don't want to learn to add these themselves get upset with the person who is helping them, and rage about it a little. Not cool.
(And the good on you is at OP Dlcoates1)

Fair enough.

I would love his help atm I am no good at adding mods it took me a good day and with help from vilayer just to add the admin tools mod. I know he says he will help people out for free but I would be more than happy to pay him.

And to make his job a little bit more easier give him FTP accsess to my server so he can grab the files he needs.

It is a time consuming project, some weeks ago I barely understood what I was doing when adding scripts/mods, and it took forever. Now, after working on it enough, it is much faster, and I'm writing/customizing my own.

What I'm saying is each server mod you want takes time to add - but learning how it works is a possibility, and will allow you to update them or fix broken parts, especially after a DayZ upgrade. Just something to consider, start with one basic script and make it work for you (maybe something that just calls from init.sqf, baby steps). You don't have to learn to script! But you can learn to add scripts!
I'll leave you with that, good luck Dlcoates1 with everything, and matt6950, good luck with your scripts!

Back