[Need Help] DayZ mod

So, I have an idea on a dayz mod, but i'm not sure how to get it started like origins, overwatch, breaking point, etc.

I also don't want to give away my idea, because someone might steal it :eek:

So if someone could help me out, i'd really appreciate it and figure out a way to reward you!

[Also, sorry if this isn't the right section, i'm kind of new (as you can tell by my rank)]

So... first of all... and depending on your idea, your skills and knowledge, you should install dayz vanilla and a server pack of choice. After that, try to change something little / easy. E.g. try to insert a script. If this is running fine, proceed with the next step and try to change something bigger. E.g. insert an own script. By the time, you´re get more inside this stuff and you can start to develop your idea.

There are a lot of guides / examples here and on other dayz/ArmA2 Websites. Just stay focused and keep your project alive. Then you´ll make it. And no.... it will be not easy but it is worth. Just to give you a little impression... 12 month ago i´ve heard the first time about the DayZ-Mod. So i´ve installed my ArmA2-Version and tried to run my first server.
Now, a year later, i´ve added a lot of stuff to my server, developed some things for myself and learned a lot during that time. Even if i don´t have a "public" server and even if play the most time for myself, it makes a lot of fun to me. Its like building an rc plane or ship from scratch.

If you want to go the easy way, then tell us what you´re plans are, be honest to us and yourself about the fact that your skills are not quite good that you able are handle it alone and cross your fingers that someone is willing to do the job for you. But keep in mind, that a lot of people have tried similar and got fooled.

Back