Need help with plot pole management installation

Yiddo

Hi, i don't there is a thread about it on here but i assume a lot of you that use this forum would have it and hopefully can help me out.

I have installed

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16166-release-21-plot-management-updated-object-counter/

and i followed these instructions

https://github.com/DevZupa/PlotManagement/blob/master/Modded_Epoch.md

The problem is i am getting "wait for host" everytime i try to log in, so i checked RPT and it is coming up with this

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\plotManagement\defines.hpp, line 45: .RscButton: Member already defined.

Anyone have any idea?

I currently have walking zeds and snap build pro installed but i don't tihnk it has anything to do with them. . . . Does it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yep ... your RscButton is already defined .. duh! It told you.

I know, you dont know what that means or what to do about it .. I can help you out here. Try to understand this as it will help you in the future .. this is a common error. This is a VERY difficult subject to master but it will carry on to coding in C# or some other OOP language.

In your description.ext file are "defintions" for dialog items ... text boxes, sliders, and in this case a button. These are defined in a code block that starts with the word CLASS. Lets go over a golden rule:
Always and forever, you can only have a SINGLE CLASS defined. You CAN define another class that is identical to the first but give it a different name.
So in your case you have a class named RscButton defined twice (it said it was already defined). So you can find one of them and rename it RscButton_2 and your problem will go away. Likely you will have other classes that will then produce an error though such as RscText or some other. See you have a file "defines.hpp" that is being #included in your description.ext so any classes defined in that file, are now also defined in your description.ext
The cause is poor coding by the script creator. They should have made their dialogs with unique names that will not conflict with other dialogs .. but they are either arrogant or ignorant.

So Open your description.ext and your defines.hpp and compare the class defintions. Every class in defines.hpp that is already defined in description.ext, rename it. You might NOT see any conflicting classes in your description.ext file, they may be getting #included in a different file, perhaps another one named defines.hpp ..

Once you have each class defined only once, your server will work. What MIGHT happen though is the dialog will be using the wrong control (because you renamed it) and therefore the sizes and colors might be off.

Since you want to get your server running ASAP, it might be quickest to just upload your mission file and we can fix it for you

Yep ... your RscButton is already defined .. duh! It told you.

I know, you dont know what that means or what to do about it .. I can help you out here. Try to understand this as it will help you in the future .. this is a common error. This is a VERY difficult subject to master but it will carry on to coding in C# or some other OOP language.

In your description.ext file are "defintions" for dialog items ... text boxes, sliders, and in this case a button. These are defined in a code block that starts with the word CLASS. Lets go over a golden rule:
Always and forever, you can only have a SINGLE CLASS defined. You CAN define another class that is identical to the first but give it a different name.
So in your case you have a class named RscButton defined twice (it said it was already defined). So you can find one of them and rename it RscButton_2 and your problem will go away. Likely you will have other classes that will then produce an error though such as RscText or some other. See you have a file "defines.hpp" that is being #included in your description.ext so any classes defined in that file, are now also defined in your description.ext
The cause is poor coding by the script creator. They should have made their dialogs with unique names that will not conflict with other dialogs .. but they are either arrogant or ignorant.

So Open your description.ext and your defines.hpp and compare the class defintions. Every class in defines.hpp that is already defined in description.ext, rename it. You might NOT see any conflicting classes in your description.ext file, they may be getting #included in a different file, perhaps another one named defines.hpp ..

Once you have each class defined only once, your server will work. What MIGHT happen though is the dialog will be using the wrong control (because you renamed it) and therefore the sizes and colors might be off.

Since you want to get your server running ASAP, it might be quickest to just upload your mission file and we can fix it for you

Thanks for the reply, i kind of got the idea that i already had something named the same i just didn't know where to find it and if it would not mess things up if i changed the name.

Here is my missions files.
http://www.filedropper.com/dayzepoch11chernarus

I changed a few things and added _2 to the end and the server is loading up but the plot pole management option is not coming up when i scroll on it. Don't seem to be any errors either :/

Still having problems with this and would love to be able to get this to work. I don't seem to be getting any errors but i also don't have the menu come up either :/. Am lost with this one.

Any help at all? really need to get this working. I have compared all files with sheeps repack version and it all seems to be in the correct place. It is really winding me up big time and i just want to cry right now lol

Again i am not getting any errors in the RPT.

Back