Need help with scripting and database

BaronOBeef

Hello all, after searching for a long time and trying things on my own, I feel like I need someone to assist. A friend and I recently started a server hosted by SurvivalServers. We are on OW 0.2.5 and are basically trying to start from scratch. I have the basics down since I have coding and DB experience, but it seems I'm still having trouble.

So what I need is someone who knows scripting and DB management fairly well to lend a hand. I'm on Steam, Skype, can use TeamViewer, join.me, etc. Reply here and I will give you contact details for me and the server.

Sorry guys, tried not to be noob. I've been reading posts and stickies for forever it seems like!

Well, my I'm mainly having problems getting my DB to update when trying to add buildings. Also trying to get the Sarge AI to work over 0.2.5; is that even possible? I see some are successful, others are not. I also want to change vehicle spawns as well, because the map available in the SS control panel is curiously not making available all the vehicles I can spawn in with the AntiHack menu. Basically, if it shows up in the AH menu, doesn't that mean they're somewhere in my DB?

I have SS AntiHack in place, which basically makes all the weapons and vehicles in the DB available to me as an admin. Is there a way to make all of those weapons that work spawn in loot piles/areas, or is that another benefit of rMod? Basically, if it's in my DB and it's not banned by mod version, I want it to spawn in-game to be usable. I need a little assistance with loot tables I think.

Some other general scripting issues as well

Don't add buildings through the database. Use the ArmA II 3d map editor. After you launch DayZ or whatever mod you are launching, go back to the main menu. Use CTRL + E together to bring up the editor. Select your map. Then go from there (there is more to the process once in the map editor, but I'm at work and I'm not going to go into detail because there are already numerous threads which explain this).

There are plenty of threads on OpenDayZ.net that explains how to do this. 90% of every question asked on this website, has an answer on this website. IT WILL REQUIRE EFFORT, IT WILL REQUIRE HOURS OF YOUR LIFE, BUT IN THE END, YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWERS YOU SEEK IN ANOTHER THREAD IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH (if a thread has 14 pages, you may have to read through 9 pages before you get your answer).

Not preaching just letting you know. You will find that people are more inclined to help if they can see you've actually done some research on your own. Yeah, it's easier to just start a new thread, ask your question, and wait/expect an answer. This makes people not want to help you. Seeing as you are a new member, please heed my advice and trust me. If you search, you will find. If you search and do not find, then you haven't searched well enough. The thought process is, "Why should I help this guy if he refuses to help himself?" It's not to be a jerk or an ass, it's simply the fact that there are so many people that use this forum and want handouts and expect answers without actually taking the time to look for themself (beleive me, people can usually tell who is looking for free answers and who has actually researched the website for answers). Again, it may take you 1 or 2 hours to find your answer. It may take 5 minutes.

I can tell you EXACTLY how to add buildings, but I know for a fact there are other threads with the answer, so you'll need to seek them out.

I also highly recommend using DZAI as it is easily configurable and uses less server resources to run. DZAI developer, Buttface, is also great at support for his framework (SARGE AI will affect server performance once you start getting a heavy load of players). Here: http://opendayz.net/forums/DZAI/

Since you are using Survival Servers (which are garbage in mine and a vast many others opinion) I cannot help you. If you had an HFB or DayZ.st server, I could be of more assistance. I also own the BLUR gaming/infiSTAR Antihack which is the best antihack for Overwatch, therefore I have no knowledge of what the antihack SS offers.

Sorry if I came off as brazen, but I hope my advice and input has helped in some small way.

Also, check this out: http://opendayz.net/threads/resources-dayz-server-additions.9003/

Last edited:
Don't add buildings through the database. Use the ArmA II 3d map editor. After you launch DayZ or whatever mod you are launching, go back to the main menu. Use CTRL + E together to bring up the editor. Select your map. Then go from there (there is more to the process once in the map editor, but I'm at work and I'm not going to go into detail because there are already numerous threads which explain this).

Yeah, I was using the 3D editor to do that actually, but was using WofJWof to convert the saved mission code to SQL for the myPHPAdmin DB.

As far as the rest of your post, no I understand, it's cool. I'm on several other forums myself, so I know where you're coming from. I've had the same thought process myself when others ask questions after the 1000th time. I just felt like I hadn't had much luck. I will just dig deeper I suppose.

Would it be a good idea to move from SS to .ST then? What are some reasons why SS is that terrible?.....other than their slow support that is.

Thanks for the links, but I had those bookmarked already :)

I find .ST to be so easy to use. Their servers are really high end as they ONLY host DayZ servers. Unlike HFB who hosts ArmA 3, Dino Horde, etc. I'm not sure if SS actually hosts anything other than DayZ. If you want a change from SS in the future, I'd recommend .ST. Use that link at the bottom of my first post. I think it will help you greatly :D.

Back