Need major help with scripting on my dayz server

ThePcGuy769

I just bought a dayz server and I am in the process of setting up and adding scripts. So far I have figured everything out but no matter where I look or go for help with scripting I just cannot get it done. So if any would be willing to help me that would be great.
Thanks

I suggest doing what we all did. Check out the BIS site and the scripting commands. Google Arma 2 Scripting and watch some of the hundreds of videos out there regarding missions and scripting. Start small and work your way up, it doesn't happen overnight. Keep at it and keep using google and reading forums for answers to your questions. Post specific questions and people will help you as much as they can. The information you seek IS out there.

I agree with FoamysWorld. It may seem difficult at first, but it gets to be a breeze. Plus you'll feel pretty good about your server knowing you did it yourself. Good luck though!

There should be, it's around line 60. Here's mine just to help a bit. Just remember, mine won't look exactly like yours.

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf"; //Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf";

What I highlighted is what you'll want to add, you can change the \scripts\ to whatever folder you've placed your custom selfActions in.
If you havent already, I recommend using notepad++ it will help a lot with reading the files.
Also try copying - progressLoadingScreen 1.0; - and press ctrl+f in notepad++ and paste it there, this will help you find it a lot faster.

Make sure you change the /scripts/ to whatever folder you have your custom selfActions in.

Last edited:
That file should have close to 100 lines (For Epoch at least). Does your server run, also just making sure, you are looking in your mission.pbo right? If so you may need to look into contacting your server host for support.

Well that oculd also be another problem, I bought the server from hfb servers and when I was originally looking for the mission pbo I could not find it. So I went on youtube to find some help, I found a video that said my mission pbo would be called dayz_(what ever map you are running). In my case the pbo is called dayz_1.chernarus.pbo

This is what your init.sqf should look like, roughly. I also have HFB, they're pretty good at replying to tickets, takes us inside 24 hours to get an answer. If your init.sqf doesn't look like this, I would definitely contact them.

Ok well I contacted hfb and they responded and said that they do not offer any support for third party scripts and then linked me to the epoch mod forum which makes no sense because I am not even running epoch. They offered no help regarding my init.sqf file so now I am back at square 1. What do I do about my init.sqf file

That's odd as it is not a 3rd party script it's the init.sqf they gave you. Is there any way you can put your init.sqf here or upload it to uppit.com?

Hopefully someone running your version can help here. I'm sorry I can't help fix this issue. I'm pretty much out of ideas lol.

Back