New DayZ Mod Concept

Spectral

I am working on a new DayZ mod concept. It will be more realistic (like 2017) but with features from DayZ Origins (houses, etc) and will introduce a new concept of teamwork.

Right now I am overwhelmed with DayZ because no one seems to be friendly. You drive up to someone and go in direct comms and say you are friendly and ask if they need help and they just kill you. In order to get humanity you must perform medical tasks, which requires you to get close to people that don't seem to like human interaction. Well no more of that... In order to survive a zombie apocalypse survivors need to band together and accept other willing survivors to help out.

I'm thinking of an idea where everyone is on the same team and your goal is to fight the zombies and find a cure. There is a random chance you can be infected by a zombie attack in which you will slowly turn into a zombie. Antibiotics will slow the process for a bit but in the end you will turn without the cure. Other survivors need to work together to help you get the cure.

Bandits will be more prone to infection the lower their humanity is. Without help from survivors they are sure to die.

I will be coming up with other ideas to incorporate but thought this was at least a start.

Thoughts?

Back