New hive has been released

thevisad

Staff member
A new hive has been released that will bring us closer to the official 1.7.5.1 Hive. While we maintain the original database schemas in this release, we are adding some additional columns in our tables that will allow us to damage tents and other deployables. This also assists in resolving the tents not loading properly into the game on reboot and other issues with the tents saving properly.

You MUST upgrade your database schema for this. Your server has the potential for crashing and the data will not be written to the database unless you do.

Grab this from the GitHub Repository.

just for clarification. if updating from a previous version of reality, we replace the hive files with the new ones and run db_migrate.pl?

We run all of our servers and maps through one database.
So if I update the database, it would not work for other maps? Am I correct?

Thinking I would have to copy the database and apply the update for Cherno only and leave other maps on the old database. Make sense?

We run all of our servers and maps through one database.
So if I update the database, it would not work for other maps? Am I correct?

Thinking I would have to copy the database and apply the update for Cherno only and leave other maps on the old database. Make sense?
Databases should still work, it is just additional columns, no changes in the way they work.

Is there a real reason needed for 'fuel' in deployables?

Yes, in official all of the items are stored in a single database vehicles/deployables share the same db. In Reality, the items are stored in two databases based on the fact that Bliss split them off originally. In order to get them working properly, they need the same columns in both so that the query can handle the fields correctly.

Yes, in official all of the items are stored in a single database vehicles/deployables share the same db. In Reality, the items are stored in two databases based on the fact that Bliss split them off originally. In order to get them working properly, they need the same columns in both so that the query can handle the fields correctly.

In your current DB structure they share the same db.... they have different tables....

I have copied the new hive files over to my server and attempted to run perl db_migrate.pl and it fails attempting to migrate to 0.37. Tents aren't writing to the db. Should I just start with a clean install of the server and use my existing DB?

This is the error that shows up in my server log
21:49:13 HiveExt(0): [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1:TentStorage:0:31:[111,[6567.39,9208.56,0.0112305]]:[]:[]:0:65674920860111:|

I have copied the new hive files over to my server and attempted to run perl db_migrate.pl and it fails attempting to migrate to 0.37. Tents aren't writing to the db. Should I just start with a clean install of the server and use my existing DB?

This is the error that shows up in my server log
21:49:13 HiveExt(0): [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1:TentStorage:0:31:[111,[6567.39,9208.56,0.0112305]]:[]:[]:0:65674920860111:|
I think i fixed it. Just went into the new schema folder > reality > 0.36-0.37 and ran the 2 included SQL queries manually. I get sleep options on tents now and they seem to be writing to the DB just fine.

I think i fixed it. Just went into the new schema folder > reality > 0.36-0.37 and ran the 2 included SQL queries manually. I get sleep options on tents now and they seem to be writing to the DB just fine.

Ok awesome, need to figure out what the issue is with the inablity to go to a new version, I know its due to a problem with vehicles already being in the tables.

Ok awesome, need to figure out what the issue is with the inablity to go to a new version, I know its due to a problem with vehicles already being in the tables.
For those having the issue, running the commands manually seems to be a quick easy fix for the time being. Also, noticed something in the new restater config. It has @bliss listed in the mod parameters, and it also looks for config_deadbeef for the server cfg file. Just changed a couple names and was g2g.

It is most likely from people adding in their own vehicles. Some updates ayan would hardcode the ids, other's he would let the db create them.

It is most likely from people adding in their own vehicles. Some updates ayan would hardcode the ids, other's he would let the db create them.

I have removed all of the ID's from the newer codebase and let the mysql server handle that, I will do the same for the older files as well.

Are players able to spawn as females yet? Or is this still a feature only available to public hives?

This will be fixed in the next update (tomorrow sometime), I just hashed out all the fixes to the tents/vehicles as well so I want to test all of this functionality properly.

Back