New mod;

Infrared

Hello, my name is InfraRed... I've been in the habit of playing a lot of mods. Recently I've played the mod DayZ Origins and I've talked with a clan member from MP about when the server files will be released. He said 2.0. So, I began to think about "What if I created my own mod...?" So, what I'm mainly looking for here are really just someone to be good at C++, I myself am fairly good at 3D Rendering and map editing. As for Importing scripts, my friend and the C++ Guys can work on that!

I am hoping that I won't be pushed aside as a 'dreamer' for this. I'd really like to host a mod. I'll begin to think of names, if you'd like to be apart of this and know how to do something cool, anything is needed at this point! Even someone that knows how to patch their server and run it off their own hive.

Thanks guys, and please get to me!

Some ideology I was thinking of for this mod;
Many new weapons,
Hosted off map Namalsk / Taviana
New sounds,
Massive amount of map updates and 3D Render edits to buildings.
Edit loot tables,
Mess with the amount of gear vehicles can hold.
Origins styled house building
3D edit buildings for a larger expansion of experience with looting
Street lights
Possibly new vehicles
RN Pistol pack

To be updated...
Thank you everyone, I wish to see some of you in my teamspeak helping me with this mod! It'll be great!

--InfraRed,

Last edited:
(just some ideas) i think you should make a type of mountain camps or somthing cause both Namlsk and Taviana have snowy mountains and there is not really much to really go up there for except for sniping... so you could add some type of lootable things up there and also it would be really cool to have another underground type building like namalsk

Thanks man! I'll begin to work on some small map edits tomorrow, I'll make sure if this turns out to be a mod that I can do that!

Thanks and g'day
--InfraRed

Incorporating the sound files from some of the adons you can get would be really nice, some of the Arma2 sounds are just dumb, especially the running one, it could be so much crisper.

Yes, I agree. There is a possibility of using the Breaking Point sounds! Thanks for the great ideas and feedback!

I plan to be releasing screen shots this Saturday of some cool addons to the map of Taviana! I don't want to give anything away relating to LTGNick's suggestion, but you know... ;)

Can't wait to see you all on the battle field!

Also, I've come with a suggested name, perhaps DayZ Fuego?

Back