New Otmel Village

HeraclesJones

Small village on the east coast spawning area, just west of Kamyshovo. I've included a footbridge out to Otmel Island, and added a few houses there as well. Overall, there are a few new houses, some outhouses, a few sheds, a fuel tank and at least one house that players can enter (on the island).

Get the code here - http://pastebin.com/iYtTrQhZ

EDIT - some people were having trouble with the footbridge, it seems to be fine on some servers, but skewed on others. If you want the code without the footbridge, get it here - http://pastebin.com/AzTifDTd

1. Save this code as "otmelvil.sqf"
2. Place the .sqf file inside your mission.pbo file
3. Open "init.sqf" and add the following line to the very end -

Code:
[] execVM "otmelvil.sqf";

NOTE: If you install this on your server, please post any feedback here... it will let me know what to do/what not to do on my other map additions. Thanks.

uDIbX0C.jpg

U0VfGt9.jpg

ndFuwEm.jpg

PYOSkLq.jpg

h3MP2G3.jpg

hey when i add the

at the end do i create a new line or add on to last last cause I'm not really sure

for some reason it does not work when i do the new line im not really sure why could it be conflicting with the other things I have written down there

Not sure. When you say that it doesn't work, it just doesn't show up at all, or it hangs, or something else?

If you want to post the last few lines of your init.sqf it might help me troubleshoot.

As far as I can tell it is not showing up I currently am on my phone and unable to get to my pc to get my init.sqf but in the morning I will post it. Also thanks for helping :)

};

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
//R3F Towing and shit (or whatever you want to title it)
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

so that is the last few lines of my init.sqf I think it could be the towing since I haven't changed the name but if you have any idea of how to help please reply

};

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
//R3F Towing and shit (or whatever you want to title it)
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

so that is the last few lines of my init.sqf I think it could be the towing since I haven't changed the name but if you have any idea of how to help please reply

Drop a ; at the end of the exec line for the towing code, the way mine is. Or just put my code right before thr towing code.

Ok i figured it out and it looks amazing could not have been better except for one thing which is you cant go on the bridge. For some reason the bridge is lopsided and you are unable to go on it but it actually looks kind of good.

That's odd, the bridge was fine on my server. you sure nothing got changed in the sqf by accident? if anyone else has that problem let me know, I may just take the bridge out.

Glad you got it working.

I don't think I changed anything I downloaded the code changed it to an sqf and added the line to the bottom of my init.sqf

Ok. I just checked again on a clean server and it's fine. I'll just have to wait and see if anyone else has the problem.

Although the bridge is not working for me it looks alright and it is now on my server. Credit was given where credit was due.

I added a link to the original post for the village without the footbridge, for anyone who might be having a problem with it.

it actually doesn't look that bad even when it doesn't work. Also are you accepting any requests at the moment?

Back