New patch, zero scripts work?

Zakk Neith

Hello all. Last month I signed up with DayZ.ST for hosting and everything has been running great (minus the DDoS attacks -_-). As everyone knows, DayZ was updated to 1.7.7 recently. When this happens, is it normal for every single script to stop functioning? I did some scripting and had everything working. I noticed that the update was available this morning through DayZ Commander and I updated. I launched the server and all scripts seem to be broken. Is this normal?

yes & no

It is dependant on what changes have been made, for instance this time both compiles & variables have been changed so you need to re pull them from the dayz code and re-edit them with the mods.

Done mine today and I can confirm the following work: Custom weather, debug monitor & take cloth's from dead players - all of which are found here. Will let you know if I got any others working as I have a rather large list myself to update:

Animated Crash Sites - graf's
Self Bloodbag - krixes
Strip Vehicle Parts - can't remember (sorry)
Admin Tools - bluephoenix
Zombie Upgrade's - ummyumm
Night Time Effects - Axeman's
Bus Route - Axeman's

Good times!

Thank you for your prompt response. Im a little unsure about what you mean when you say "pull them from the dayz code" or where to find exactly what im looking for TO change. Im looking for admin tools and self blood bag for 1.7.7. If you have any relatively simply tutorials that you wouldnt mind sharing it would be greatly appreciated.

On your computer: @DayZ directory in your ARMA OA install, copy dayz_code.sqf from there and paste it on your desktop. extract it with a PBO manager / extractor. Open the extracted directory and from within you can search for:

compiles.sqf
variables.sqf

Copy those and apply your updated modifications to those files.

I know that blood bag is currently being worked on to be updated but not sure about the admin tools. I have added the mod's listed above to my watched threads so I can see when / if the mod / script has been updated ;)

Thank you for your quick response again haha. So if I copy the compiles and variables out, where do I put them? Do they go into the dayz_mission folder once the pbo is extracted or dayz_server once the server pbo is extracted. If I edit just say for blood bag script, will the code be the same as my old pbo? or are changes necessary to get this working

yes into the mission folder, i have mine in a Scripts folder within my mission file to keep it neat and tidy lol Remember to add the following lines to your init.sqf in your mission file:

Code:
//Load in compiled functions
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\variables.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

Remember for the bloodbag script that uses fn_selfActions.sqf so pull that out of the dayz_code (where you got compiles and variables from)

The tutorial you were asking for are already in the script / mod thread found here in opendayz.net

Just follow the add before / after inserts and your good to go ;-)

Happy coding,

Pry

I tried implementing the blood bag script into the server and it just plain doesnt work. I guess the code that needs to be changed is out of my league. If anyone figures it out, it would be appreciated if I could get some pointers. Thanks again

I got the blood bag script working & also the custom loading screen. Now onto admin tools! thanks for all your help guys

Back