New to PC gaming Advice please

FyouCkayYoweU

New to tbe world of PC gaming and forums and I have a few noob questions . A few months ago I finally got wind of this amazing game called dayz. After I downloaded steam to download arma then to download the dayz commander I finally get into a server and my laptop couldnt handle it. Im wonder if anyone can help recommend a good laptop to run the game once the standalone releases. I would love to get it over with and shell out the money for an alienware laptop but dont have the 2-4gs to do what I want with it. Unless the base model is good enough for all my needs right now. I would also like to try other games so I want enough power to handle it all. Price range around 6-1000. I love this game and was only able to invest a lil time with very choppy laggy graphics. Dayz community is growning and I want to beapart of this

Something you need to keep in mind is that buying a laptop is going to cost you heaps more to get even approximately the same performance as a desktop computer.
So if it is possible for your wishes you should have a look at a desktop solution instead.

And to extend the reply above, the last laptop you want to get is from Alienware. Not because their quality would be bad, but because their prices are insane. They're kind of the Apple of Windows laptops.

Thanks alot appreciate it. Desktop is something iv been looking into because laptop prices are high but if im going to shell out the 4-5 for a nice desktop plus monitor then upgrades in future. Id be looking at the same prices for a portable laptop but I would definitely sacrifice the convenients of being portable right not just to play this and any other pc game out. Haha so I guess the new alienware x51 is out of question? I want a rather nice one I can upgrade in the future to top it out

I'm not an expert, but I do know that 1000 euros get you a high end gaming system. Then I guess another 200 for a monitor? I personally wouldn't buy any high frequency monitors because AFAIK that's just a marketing ploy mainly.

Back