Official test server under attack

[DZG]Tommy

Justo got kicked from the testing server and a message appeared :"visit that site xxxxx.com for more dayz hacks"

Other than the screen turn total black and now it changed from day to night.

Yeah it was some little sad excuse showing us how much of a dickhead he is.

I found the guy and banned him.

I got to say, I am done with gotcha anti hack, it never picks up anything at all.

Definitely Gotcha didn't work for anything...the sad thing is that those "hackers" also come on test server where people are trying tohelp on mod development...that is a shame.

Thanks for reply admin and good job ;)

Maybe a screening process should be in place as to who can come onto the test server in future and maybe change the password for accessing it maybe.... Or that's not really the problem as hackers can bypass any password in place on the server? I'm not sure how the hacking part works which means I'm talking complete bullshandy.

Maybe a screening process should be in place as to who can come onto the test server in future and maybe change the password for accessing it maybe.... Or that's not really the problem as hackers can bypass any password in place on the server? I'm not sure how the hacking part works which means I'm talking complete bullshandy.

Yeah, I normally run a whitelist / password during testing, but the thing is now the server is open to help with the flood of players coming in from DayZ Commander.

The thing is the people hacking are not that smart, they are doing it someones server who develops code and so its really easy for me to spot them / ban them and then add the guid to the community ban list.

But a GUID is not enough, so I am also going to run some DPI on the server so I can capture the IP and then have a think about how to start circulating these to other admins.

I just put up a server tonight, very popular but getting slammed with script kiddies. Ruining everyones fun.

I just put up a server tonight, very popular but getting slammed with script kiddies. Ruining everyones fun.

I know mate, its really annoyed me too. My hope is they get bored. For the next release the security is going to be sured up a lot. Until then I will work on some other means of protection.

We can only go on with testing and don't care about those guys...they'll get bored soon, and they'll go cheat on another mod :)

It's also kind of annoying to see the 2017-lite variations popping up. I understand adding more vehicle spawns, but most of the servers I've come across have come close to making this vanilla DayZ with different models and cannibalism. One had military weapons in care packages and crash sites back in... another had vanilla DayZ vehicles stocked with cans of beans and soda. What's worse, sometimes you don't know the servers aren't true DayZ 2017 until you've invested time and effort on the map.

It might be worth an [original] or something along those lines in server names if unmodified. I'm running it as is so will chuck something up next restart.

Back