One more question about un-banning weapons and classes.

Merg

Hi,

I spent a lot of time today finding solutions to still make the old 50 cals usable. You can still spawn them via custom loot tables but they do 0 blood damage. I tried to find a way to override the config files M107_DZ.cpp and AS50.cpp but they are both called from CfgWeapons.cpp witch is being called from dayz_code.pbo's root config.cpp.

I've still seen some server that advertise that they have enabled AS50s again. I really wonder how that is possible, i would really like to know so if you know how to do it, please tell me. :)

One example server is here:
94.250.222.51:2302

Thanks.

On 1.0.8.3 you can use this as50:
Code:
BAF_AS50_scoped_Large

with this ammo:
Code:
5Rnd_127x99_as50

And it will work and do damage. The only problem is it takes up your back pack slot. Also you need to edit your mission.sqm and add these under addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]=:
Code:
"CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Editor_AddedAllWeaponSlotsInfantryVariants",
     "CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Editor_AddedLargeWeaponVariants"

If you don't add those everyone will get the error message "this mission is dependent on downloaded content that has been deleted 'LargerWeaponVariants" when loading in the server.
Thanks, will give it a try.

you can also use the KSVK which does some hefty damage but it also takes your backpack. There's also an m60, a variant of the m249 in black color with its own mag, the scope m240 (one of my favorites), and some more. I don't have custom loot tables, although I might tackle that monster soon, so what Ive done is give these weapons to the AI and include them in the weapons caches at missions. Heres a little list Ive been working on for a little while now that has a lot of the weapons and items you can get that aren't on the regular loot tables in vanilla dayz. Its probably not finished because it has what I need and I haven't been bothered to go through and add stuff I'll probably never use.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/beusb7r886rgjq5/Weapons and Items List.sqf

you can also use the KSVK which does some hefty damage but it also takes your backpack. There's also an m60, a variant of the m249 in black color with its own mag, the scope m240 (one of my favorites), and some more. I don't have custom loot tables, although I might tackle that monster soon, so what Ive done is give these weapons to the AI and include them in the weapons caches at missions. Heres a little list Ive been working on for a little while now that has a lot of the weapons and items you can get that aren't on the regular loot tables in vanilla dayz. Its probably not finished because it has what I need and I haven't been bothered to go through and add stuff I'll probably never use.
Thanks.

don't these weapons disappear when somebody logs in with them?

Nope. Youll have to filter them in battleye otherwise people will get kicked but they do not disappear because they are saved in the database

Back