onPlayerConnect spawn call compile....

ZedBuster

Valued Member!
Hi there.

Since a lot of dayz I have been trying and trying and trying and googeling and trying and trying so hard to find out how to do this thing which should do this:

player joins dayz server > onPlayerConnect script launches > script tells to make the player say "Player connected" over globalChat so that everyone ingame knows that he/she is joining....
But whatever I try, it just does not work.
My knowledge of coding on this end is not very high so I would really like some pro help here :)

A little summary of what script I was trying to get working.
I know this code does not work, but the full version where all the characters are in the right position
is not on my iPad right now which I am using to post this, so this code below is what is still fresh in mind:

private "_playerName";
_playerName = _this select0;

_msg = format[Player %1 connected, name Player or _playerName];
[nil, nil, [_playerName, _msg] this select 0 globalChat this select 1) call RE;

This script is located in server_onPlayerConnect.sqf in the server.pbo and the file is getting called,
I tested it by putting diag_log in the beginning and end of the file to see if the file even gets executed or not,
and if the code would actually pass without detecting error in expression.

I would really appreciate it if some pro scripter can help me with this.
And I am 100% sure that there hundreds of other admins waiting and dying to see this work on their servers too.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Code:
//welcome player script
//=====================
waitUntil {time > 10};
titleText [format ["Welcome to Arma-Dayz - Warfare, %1", name player], "PLAIN DOWN"];

yeah my guess by looking at your script was it would show a message on the joining player his/her screen, not for everyone.
It''s ok, thanks for the free bump.

EDIT: Oh and I see you are using my intro script :) nice ;)

Back