Origins Server?

Actually while your around, in your debug monitor, I think it's supposed to say 'Survived x days' but it showing ' Survived any days'. Looking at the code, I think it had %7. Where does the %7 come from, and is there a document that shows the possible variants or values that can be used?

Yes you're correct it should show the amount of days you have survived. Ill have a look now and will get a fix to the github within the next couple of days.

it seems that the code used by dayz to workout the total survival time was changed a little in origins, not sure why they felt the need to change it but because of that it means the variable used to work out a players total survival time has changed.
Before we could just used (dayz_skilllevel) to work out the time but because they removed that one line. Testing a fix for it now and i will let you know if it works.

Is anyone having problems with vehicles respawning? I haven't had any respawn in 7 days, is there something I can execute in the DB? Thanks for any help, and thanks for all your hard work guys.

I downloaded Major Pain's files from GitHub and have managed to get the server up and running. I have however encountered a few issues that I cannot seem to fix (and by that I mean Google-Fu. My coding skills suck. Its like reading Russian to me).

1: My zombies do NOT die. I emptied 30 rounds of AK ammo in its face and it just carried on trying to eat me.
2: My loot spawns seem a little low. Some area's are bearable but then others just have nothing whatsoever. (not sure if this is intended as I have never played on an Origins server before)
3: No vehicle spawns. (They are there in the DB but not showing in-game) Fixed
4: No heli crashes/care packages found.

I have restarted the server many times and played for nearly 24 hours in total since getting this package. (on foot... lol)

Also, does anyone know of an admin tool such as Crosire's Control Center that is compatible with this build? I noticed the DB structure was a little different to Crosire's and the Control Center cannot read from the DB correctly. Or a way for the game to read and write from the nicely laid out structure I am used to seeing. I think Crosire stayed with ayanm's Bliss structure.

I downloaded Major Pain's files from GitHub and have managed to get the server up and running. I have however encountered a few issues that I cannot seem to fix (and by that I mean Google-Fu. My coding skills suck. Its like reading Russian to me).

1: My zombies do NOT die. I emptied 30 rounds of AK ammo in its face and it just carried on trying to eat me.
2: My loot spawns seem a little low. Some area's are bearable but then others just have nothing whatsoever. (not sure if this is intended as I have never played on an Origins server before)
3: No vehicle spawns. (They are there in the DB but not showing in-game) Fixed
4: No heli crashes/care packages found.

I have restarted the server many times and played for nearly 24 hours in total since getting this package. (on foot... lol)

Also, does anyone know of an admin tool such as Crosire's Control Center that is compatible with this build? I noticed the DB structure was a little different to Crosire's and the Control Center cannot read from the DB correctly. Or a way for the game to read and write from the nicely laid out structure I am used to seeing. I think Crosire stayed with ayanm's Bliss structure.

1) Ive never heard about this problem before.
2) There is a loot spawn fix earlier in this thread, whether that build has already implemented that im not sure.
3) Im interested to see how you fixed it, i had that problem myself and had to revert to an old database to fix it
4) have the same thing, but im sure crash sites are addon arent they? if not.. let me know how you get on with them

so just want to be clear here..

The files on the github are fixed and running fine but ..

1- Do we still need to execute the pmain script manually to make the urals at sector B spawn manually ?
2- Crash sites are not in this by default ? we need to add them via script separately ?

1) Ive never heard about this problem before.
2) There is a loot spawn fix earlier in this thread, whether that build has already implemented that im not sure.
3) Im interested to see how you fixed it, i had that problem myself and had to revert to an old database to fix it
4) have the same thing, but im sure crash sites are addon arent they? if not.. let me know how you get on with them

The zombies still have 'God-Mode' turned on lol. Umm.. I fixed the vehicles spawns by executing a file into the DB. The file came in Major Pains pack and I missed it when setting up. File is HERE

I will have a looksi for that loot spawn fix. I did try doing a search in this thread yesterday but got the 'Your word LOOT is too short to search for' or something like that.

so just want to be clear here..

The files on the github are fixed and running fine but ..

1- Do we still need to execute the pmain script manually to make the urals at sector B spawn manually ?
2- Crash sites are not in this by default ? we need to add them via script separately ?

After 2 days of testing the files, I can confirm one more thing.. Loot is DE-spawning really fast, like really really fast. It shouldn't disappear so fast.

After 2 days of testing the files, I can confirm one more thing.. Loot is DE-spawning really fast, like really really fast. It shouldn't disappear so fast.

My loot works great, using cortez files.

There are two things that needs to be fixed imo,
Adding gravecrosses
Remove headshots only on zombies

I believe so. I just flew over the whole map and didn't see a single one

There are only 5 crash sites by default
mostly found at beaches arround the islands
They are all configured to be military and they are all UH1 Wrecks
To have more crashsites spawning unpack dayz_server.pbo and edit

@dayz_1.origins.tavi\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

search for (arround line 516): for "_x" from 1 to 5 do {
replace for instance with:
for "_x" from 1 to 10 do {

this will spawn 10 crashsites

do not forget to repack the dayz_server folder to dayz_server.bpo afterwards.

There are only 5 crash sites by default
mostly found at beaches arround the islands
They are all configured to be military and they are all UH1 Wrecks
To have more crashsites spawning unpack dayz_server.pbo and edit

@dayz_1.origins.tavi\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

search for (arround line 516): for "_x" from 1 to 5 do {
replace for instance with:
for "_x" from 1 to 10 do {

this will spawn 10 crashsites

do not forget to repack the dayz_server folder to dayz_server.bpo afterwards.
This will spawn them randomly, i dont need to edit any cords?

Problem: I have AI bouncing around everywhere. :(
Your server cant handle it then.
Have you lowered the zombies? i did that and everything is smooth now.

dayz_1.origins.tavi\Debug\variables.sqf
dayz_maxAnimals = 5;
DAYZ_agentnumber = 0;
dayz_animalDistance = 800;
dayz_zSpawnDistance = 1000;
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 30;

With latest server files, building isn`t working.
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Debug] Original params: |CHILD:308:1:large_shed_lvl_1:0:9885956:[22,[3342.43,21213,0],[0.0510374,0.0170124,0.998552]]:[]:[["stage_1",0],["stage_2",1],["player",1e+007]]:0:33424212130022:|
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 308 Params: 1:large_shed_lvl_1:0:9885956:[22,[3342.43,21213,0],[0.051,0.017,0.999]]:[]:[["stage_1",0],["stage_2",1],["player",1e+007]]:0:33424212130022:
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1:large_shed_lvl_1:0:9885956:[22,[3342.43,21213,0],[0.0510374,0.0170124,0.998552]]:[]:[["stage_1",0],["stage_2",1],["player",1e+007]]:0:33424212130022:|
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Debug] Original params: |CHILD:307:|
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 307 Params:
2013-05-30 17:50:13 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["PASS",[2013,5,30,10,50]]

In DB nothing saved.

Back