Overpoch Origins Taviana - after installing DZGM all traders vanished.

Hi I am with GTXgaming and having some weird issue, after installing DZGM "DayZ Group Manager" I logged into my server to make sure the script works and it do indeed work but a very strange thing has happened all the trade towns and traders have gone... the markers are still on the map but the whole trade town is missing and so are all the traders... why would adding this little script cause this... Would this have anything to do with it been Origins where you was never allowed to modify the servers? Kinda annoying me as my home server never had these issues I could install a script and boom its working.. every script I have tried to install with GTX has buggered the server.

The only other changers to the server are listed below...

*Added custom Loadouts to custom\loadout.sqf the code that loads loadout.sqf is in init.sqf

*Added setViewDistance 3500; to init.sqf

*Removed Fog in custom\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf "_minimumFog = 0; and _maximumFog = 0;"

Are any of these things able to cause the issue?

I thought it was this
Code:
10:38:40   Error Missing ;
10:38:40 File infiSTAR\AH.sqf, line 12955
10:38:40 Error in expression <};
But theres no ah.sqf so might have to talk to your server host.

But that's not going to make the server traders vanish...

10:38:40 Error Missing ;
10:38:40 File infiSTAR\AH.sqf, line 12955
10:38:40 Error in expression <};

That would not effect the traders... the traders where fine until I installed the listed script. so I highly doubt AH.sqf has caused it.

Only thing I could see in your rtp log and
Code:
    // Add trader citys
    _nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\mission.sqf";
thats what spawns the traders from init.sqf which is there so I dont get it either, just though it could solve something.

Its weird as hell I have installed this script several times on a couple of servers its a piece of cake so god know why gtx servers dislike it.. well actually from what I have seen they dislike any script when using the Overpoch Origins taviana combo.

The only thing i can think of is there is a bug in there origins code... as nomal origins do not allow you to ad scripts...

Its this piece of code in your custom fn_selfactions, it has somehting to do with origins which I don't use so no help there you could try just removing that section might fix it but will remove whatever it does, something to do with a submarine I think.

Code:
if (_inVehicle and (_vehicle isKindOf "ori_submarine")) then {
   if (sub_up < 0) then {
     thesub = _vehicle;
     sub_down = thesub addAction ["Rise","custom\origins\sub_down.sqf","",5,false,true];
     sub_up = thesub addAction ["Submerge","custom\origins\sub_up.sqf","",5,false,true];
   };
} else {
   thesub removeAction sub_up;
   sub_up = -1;
   thesub removeAction sub_down;
   sub_down = -1;
};

And a Submarine effects traders and trade town how? xD

When adding DZGM the only files I had to edit / change / touch were:

compiles.sqf
player_switchModel.sqf
ui_selectSlot.sqf:
description.ext
server_functions.sqf

I just fail to see how any of those would effect fn_selfactions, Traders and Trade towns.

Its really starting to bug me I have been with them 2 days and still sitting there with a stock server no changes or scripts as everything breaks! Then I speak to GTX via a ticket about these problems and they tell me to make a post on there forums but its hardly active... or at least doesn't seem active. I mean Even the self bloodbag breaks the server... SELF BLOODBAG script how the fuck can that one break a server its a piece of piss...

Its just annoying the hell out of me I have been working on a test server on my pc for a couple of weeks to start with things messed up but I have been non stop for 2 weeks learning and creating scripted servers then starting over and getting help on forums I have learned a fair amount and know how to install these simple scripts with no issues.. I just cant figure it out how the server breaks with these hosters so easily.. My gut Is telling me its something the Origins part of the server dont like...

Ok I dont know why your trader are not loading I just told you the errors in the rpt and fixing them is normally the best way to solve problems :mad:.

Well I cant just go around deleting code that was in the server already that will mess things up more. I'm now downloading all there files to my computer I will make some changes and get it running on my local machine from there I can change shit around and see if its there files or there database bugging again... but then the database wont hold the trader towns so they should still be there.

Back