Personal Garages

Strikes

I haven't seen much information about this idea/direction toward Vehicles; just a few mentions here and there, so I was hoping to refresh it with the community here perhaps? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction; or do some joint-work with on it...

We're looking for a 'virtual' garage really. A simple building that we can place in our 'bases' that players would walk up to and scroll-wheel access a "Garage" menu and then it would spawn in a Vehicle that they owned.

In theory; it seems simple enough to do... like I was considering a look into FF's wardrobe functions as a starting point personally... (but you guys know my rep for this stuff is generally weak, lol)

The script would only work on the one particular 'building' (Garage) - Player scroll-wheels on the building -> Select 'My Garage' and then gets a list of vehicle(s) they own -> Click on the vehicle and it spawns it outside the Garage.

Now, I know there's some tools out there (like BlurGaming's Anit-Hacks) that allow you to instantly spawn in a vehicle; but the downside is that it never talks/touches the DB so it's not possible to save it after a restart. So, my thoughts on that:

-Most likely a new DB Table so you could store everyone's Vehicle by UID to the player. (This is generally for the pull-down list of the vehicles/models they own)

- Would use the same principle and just have something 'spawned in' when you pull it from your Garage. (No Damage/Full Gas each time)

- If the vehicle isn't "Returned/Stored" back into the Garage before a restart then it's removed from their Garage completely and lost. (Player loses vehicle / delete data from private_vehicle DB) Or, perhaps it writes that information into the instance_vehicle Table and removes it from the private_vehicle table (ownership) so that the car is respawned into the world for anyone to 'claim/take' after the reboot (the only issue I see with that is getting loc where it is in the world).

That's the general gist of it I suppose and would love to work/assist with someone on it if they think they could help out. Maybe it's already been proposed and shot-down due to something I'm not seeing... but either way, like usual, I'd appreciate any insight/information on this!

Thanks all!

Just a friendly bump (probably only/last time) too see if anyone out there was interesting on working with us on this project; otherwise we'll venture into the mist and hopefully come out with something to share, lol.

Just a friendly bump (probably only/last time) too see if anyone out there was interesting on working with us on this project; otherwise we'll venture into the mist and hopefully come out with something to share, lol.

I love the idea and would love to help but I'm no professional at scripting. More of an intermediate.

It would even be nice to be able to build one like in origins, one with a key code and storage space, you could just park your vehicle in it and lock it up.

If you have basebuilding on your server then you can add Garages manually like I have for my own base.

Use the 3D Editor and addclass name "Land_sara_hasic_zbroj" to your map either the .sqf way or database way

1514721_orig.jpg

Then use the gates in the basebuilding script for secure storage off vehicles :p Its big enough to hold a Ural

If you have basebuilding on your server then you can add Garages manually like I have for my own base.

Use the 3D Editor and addclass name "Land_sara_hasic_zbroj" to your map either the .sqf way or database way

1514721_orig.jpg

Then use the gates in the basebuilding script for secure storage off vehicles :p Its big enough to hold a Ural
That's a nice one, but I would rather have one that locks, do your stuff can't be stolen.

1514721_orig.jpg

I can see that this is a good idea for a few people; but we have about 35 people per-team (base) and up to 4-5 bases every Cycle in FactionZ. What that said... you can see why I can't have over a hundred of these on the map, lol.

We want it virtual so that all players just access one building at their base to access and spawn their personal vehicle(s). They can all have more than one vehicle so this is why we need the in-game menu system and we need it to talk to a DB. I do certainly appreciate the information on that building; It would work well to just design that into the base and have it be 'intractable' via scroll-wheel menu and spawn right in front of it.

That's where we need help with writing out the program/script to do this. Never done anything from scratch before and I'm no programmer/coder myself. (I can do logic rather well though, haha)

Thanks for the interest everyone.... hopefully we can get a few people to help/assist and share it with everyone. (Sending out PM's - Also PM me if interested in helping code it)

Friendly bump - No luck yet on finding someone to help us out with this script; or curious to join our development on FactionZ (in this and other future endeavors)

If anyone is up for the challenge I'd appreciate a PM! Thanks!

Back