Player Tagging/Identification

Strikes

Our Community recently put up an Epoch server which they loved and we're continuing to host; however we've had the request the get their tagging/identification feature on our FactionZ and other Private Servers.

I'm curious if anyone can write up a guide for those of us less friendly with code on how we can get that added into them; if even possible?

Your time would be appreciated and if it works I'll even toss you some cash.

If you would bother checking the site of the mod itself, you would see the link to the exact commit that ziellos2k made on the official DayZMod github...

100$, kthxbye

While I appreciate the heads up of where to find the information; I don't reward smart-asses. If you had left out, "if you would bother", like I have 48 hours in a single day or something, I might have actually tossed you some cash for the kind act. However, your poor attitude and lack of manners just cost you said $100. (It would have probably been $20)

There's a reason this community exists; it's for friendly admins to help out fellow admins. A kind, "Yea, check out the..." would have sufficed.

And let the flame begin...
I was totally expecting a piss poor excuse like that. Sorry mate but that info is on the main page. Not like it's buried
underground. And the fact that you're willing to pay someone (not the author) for a code that is publicly available just proves that this community is rotten to the core.
If you want to throw money at people i suggest finding a child's charity.
Other then that, have fun with the mod.

Again; that's your choice to 'flame' me, a person seeking assistance/information, and actually offering up a 'tip' for services/help rendered. I wasn't paying someone for the code itself; it's certainly conditional if you have any kind of logic at all. At the time of my post; I wasn't even sure the code existed outside of that mod, so if it had to be written by someone they I would certainly give them a tip for doing so.

The matter of the fact is that I was willing to compensate -someone- for their help in the matter; and you want to flame me for that? For supporting development/coders/help? You sir need help. I'm not like 404gaming or GP and steal shit to then in turn demand money, or compensation. Take your anger else where.

"Sorry mate" if I missed that information; as I wasn't even sure what I was looking for. So excuse me for being human. All I was seeking was someone to help me out without the lip; instead I got the help but I also got the lip. So take your attitude else where.

It's not even an 'excuse' it's a matter of fact; and the fact that you're such an up-tight asshat. Good day to you sir; I hope you get your jollies off on ripping into other peoples misinformation. Find some respect for your fellow admins and get your head out of your ass.

This would be great to see a script for

Even Samirock123 was looking for this information - All you had to do was supply the link/information and we would have both been on our way; and hell, anyone else that was looking for the same information.

Instead you have to toss in the lip and show everyone your elitist attitude. You, sir, are certainly not the kind of person I would want helping me out; and just the kind of person that gives Admins/Devs a bad name.

Learn to use google and search for information yourself and you won't have to deal with "lip".

As a matter of fact; I did 'Google and Search' for the information, but obviously I passed right over it. So I thought, GEE, maybe my friends at OpenDayZ.net would be kind, and helpful, and know where I can find that information at!

You certainly knew where the information was; but kind? Not at all.

As a matter of fact; I did 'Google and Search' for the information, but obviously I passed right over it. So I thought, GEE, maybe my friends at OpenDayZ.net would be kind, and helpful, and know where I can find that information at!

You certainly knew where the information was; but kind? Not at all.

The reason for that is every day we have 10 people say here take some money to do my admin work for me. It gets old and tiring people not taking the time to figure things out on their own. Alot of you just want everything handed to you.

The reason for that is every day we have 10 people say here take some money to do my admin work for me. It gets old and tiring people not taking the time to figure things out on their own. Alot of you just want everything handed to you.

Then I'd say, you should get to know someone better before you treat them poorly. The cash offer was a tip for the information/assistance because I'm not a dead-beat. I appreciate anyone that can help me and I feel that's a decent way to show someone 'thanks'. When I tip a waiter for the good service; he/she doesn't rip me a new one for it, or show me lip afterward.

What do you expect people to do if they've exhausted all their means to figure something out? Just give up? No, they're going to logically ask for help/assistance, which is all I was doing.

Again; thanks for the information - It was appreciated and what I was looking for.

Okay, seriously, how about lets all just stop flamming and get back
on topic, we came here looking for this script not a bunch of keyboard warriors. So, has anyone seemed to get this script working? If so, mind sharing the sqf for it?

Okay, seriously, how about lets all just stop flamming and get back
on topic, we came here looking for this script not a bunch of keyboard warriors. So, has anyone seemed to get this script working? If so, mind sharing the sqf for it?

Follow the edits on the GitHub - https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/pull/232/files#L6R1

I'm trying this on a Taviana Map so we'll see what happens. If it doesn't work, then I'll try it on one of our Cherno maps. I don't have the SQF's to share yet; but I think they'll be different for each map that you want them on.

Is there another link to try because that one is down i would love to get this working on overwatch.

Follow the edits on the GitHub - https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/pull/232/files#L6R1

I'm trying this on a Taviana Map so we'll see what happens. If it doesn't work, then I'll try it on one of our Cherno maps. I don't have the SQF's to share yet; but I think they'll be different for each map that you want them on.

So i tried to join your server, was asking multiple times for you and somebody said he'd inform you, that i was asking. After a couple of minutes still nothing. I Don't really see the point helping anybody with this if they're not even willing to answer a simple "Hi". Sorry.

seems to work fine i had a couple others try and i even connect with my iphone to test it.
try this 24.61.129.135

Back