Players being maked as dead - Fresh spawn on login.

Newt

Ive just recently seen this on my server where players complain that when they log out and back in they are spawning fresh and it happened to me as well. Just this weekend everyone on my server was dead and had to restart (until i rolled back to a recent back up.). Last weekend i actually witnessed this happening as I was streaming my RPT file in real time. I could see the log entries "Player 1234678 died" although no one was being killed. Each time people logged out and back in they were starting fresh again. I had to roll the server back about 5 hours to fix it that time. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to detect it or who is doing it?

Thanks!

wich map?

wich branch/repo? (pwnzor, bliss, etc)

do you edited the mission file to make new respawns?

It's Chernarus and my server is a Bliss server. I did edit the mission but only to add new buildings, i did not touch the spawns and I've had it running with no problem for months since making any changes. This just started happening last week. It's like someone ran a script to mark everyone on the server as dead but did not kill anyone so the players would not notice it until they logged out and tried to log back in.

Yup, this has been going around. Happened to my server the other night. Luckily we have active admins that noticed it through the tools and immediately knew something was wrong. Rolled it back 5 minutes nad all was well.

That's nice, care to explain? how do you detect it and how can you determine who is doing it?

This has happen to me 3 times today. WHATS GOING ON! I have lost alot of gear because of this glitch. Thing that have taken a long time to collect.

Back