PMC & BAF Texture Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

V1va

Post removed. Do not discuss piracy of propriety software on the forum..

thread closed.

The textures in the lite versions of BAF and PMC are not the ones in the paid DLC versions, so... you haven't paid for them... owning Arma 2 and the lite versions of BAF and PMC don't change that fact. The creator of those skins gave permission for the lo-res textures to be used for free.

But, this is all moot... for reasons I won't bother to go into, what you propose won't work... you'd be auto-kicked from any server you tried to join after making the attempt.

Irrelevant, i run my own passworded server with signatures disabled (public & private hives littered with hackers).

All i need to know is the locations of the files that i want to replace and do i need to replace the .bi signatures that go with the .pbo's.

On a side note wouldnt i just be able to replace the whole .pbo say weapons_e.pbo with the one from the Arma2 Reinforcements content and it "should" work as its a legit file anyway its not like my key is tied to every texture in the game, the key is only used to run the original .exe, generate PlayerID's & allow online play.

And as most probably wont uderstand is i dont see the logic in paying $23 for 4 or 5 skins, im never gonna play any of the games other than DayZ, for me to purchase those dlc's for the skins would be a worse decision than buying Horse Armour dlc for Oblivion and have even less purpose than the armour as its only for looks. But seeing as i own an $8000+ PC i specifically built for high-end gaming i would like to be able to have everything as nice as possible.

All i know is that the guys responsible for DayZ+ did what you want to accomplish (partly).
Code:
    * [UPDATED] High-Res Camo Clothing That Does Not Require BAF DLC
    * [UPDATED] High-Res Ghillie Suit That Does Not Require BAF DLC
Maybe they would share with you how they managed to did that. Hell, if it would be possible by mission.pbo i would also marge them into my server :p

Yea see thats what im talking about, it can be done and it has been.

There must be a way to emulate the install process without actually having to own or download the full packs.

Im going to try messing round with the files a little later tonight with signatures on and off and see what i come up with i managed to find (what i think is) the characters and weapons skins so when i finish work i will extract them and see if i can open them to see what they consist of and see if its as simple as injecting them into the .pbo's as they should share the same file characteristics as the lite version but just be blurry as opposed to crisp, and if that fails will try copy over the whole pbo and the version of Arma 2 Reinforcements i have is a standalone game they should all be the legit public versions so "should" work online as they will have all the skins there.

Will post my findings here and worst case scenario might have to make a simple installer or a modified @dayz.rar or updated Addons.rar will also try figure out how to get them merged into the missions.pbo so clients can be supplied these through the serverside mission file (someone might have to help me with this as im new to the server side of coding)

All i know is that the guys responsible for DayZ+ did what you want to accomplish (partly).
Code:
    * [UPDATED] High-Res Camo Clothing That Does Not Require BAF DLC
    * [UPDATED] High-Res Ghillie Suit That Does Not Require BAF DLC
Maybe they would share with you how they managed to did that. Hell, if it would be possible by mission.pbo i would also marge them into my server :p
This is done by replacing the skin Sniper1_DZ with one of the ghillie suits in the base arma 2 game. Because this skin comes from a full game and not a lite add on the textures are full resolution.
The high res arma 2 version of the ghillie suit and camo clothing are some of the few skins that aren't banned by dayz.

However since the skins are military and come from arma if you use the skin you spawn with things like a radio and GPS etc there was a thread on here that mentioned changing the classes of skins to stop this but I can't remember what it was so you will need to have a look for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back