Precise Vehicle Spawns using Arma 2 Editor

ConnorJ

First of I run a server hosted by dayz.st and have been using their map system located inside their control panel to place vehicle spawns. But recently I found out (as this information isn't really located anywhere) that each spawn point you add to your map can only spawn one vehicle NO MATTER WHAT. This is a huge problem for me and for my server. I run a server that's supposed to have a lot of vehicles and bases, but to prevent hording I need vehicles to always spawn at a spawn point no matter what when I click "Spawn" (only exception is if there's still one there untouched). This is not possible with dayz.st's map spawn system as its limited to one vehicle to each spawn point.

My question is does anyone know how to convert a Arma 2 editor file (in which I have placed all the vehicles I want) into the Database so next restart it will spawn them all in? This way I can manually spawn all the vehicles when I wish and they will always be there (after I cleaned up old ones of course).

This is the only issue I have had with day.st so far and its becoming a pretty big one as the three clans with bases on my server have majority of the good vehicles which stops them from spawning again for others. Sadly if I cannot find a fix I will have to severely limit the amount of vehicles people are allowed to have in a base which is just too much unnecessary micro management.

Thanks for any help in advance.

If a spawn point is in use, as in that spot already has a vehicle there. You don't want another in that same location because what's going to happen? Both or at the minimum one vehicle will explode. You just need to make alot of spawn points.

Secondly go into your vehicles table of your database and change the max # of each vehicle to the # of that vehicle you would like to be on your server. THIS SHOULD MATCH THE AMOUNT OF SPAWNS POINTS OF SAID VEHICLE YOU HAVE ON YOUR MAP. Otherwise damaged vehicles or double spawns will occur.

Like I said I would clean up the server vehicles before I imported a fresh set. Sadly just adding more spawn points wouldn't really fix my problem. Also I have already edited my Database in all appropriate areas to account for the correct amount of vehicles.

Thanks for the reply though.

Back