Problems with Player Position save

falconsan

Hello,

i hope i am right in this Section.

My Bliss-Server with my own Map will the Playerposition not save correctly.

My Map has 25600 * 25600 Meters. If the Player on Position in X or Y direction at a Point greater than 20 000 Meters, the Value will not Saved in Database.

This is the original Worldspace-Position: [360[21243.06,8496.46,4.959e-05]
This is what the Server Saves: [360[,8496.46,4.959e-05]
The Value greater than 20k will be ereased.

Like this Picture:
sp.png

Must be a "playfield" defined in Config? The Map is 1024 x 1024 Pixel x 25 Meters. So the Map has a Dimension of 25600 x 25600 Meters.

The Positions of Vehicles will be saved correctly. Panic! ;-)

Can anybody help? I Dont want to start a New Map. :)

Thx

It has to do with the server pbo file. Inside there's a few lines that define how it handles the debug field. Set it less. Currently it's like 4000 or something. Lower the value and you'll be good to go. There's actually a thread on here somewhere by pwn that describes the same thing.

I think I set mine to 10.

Hmm, i have tried a litle search before, but my English is a litle bit rusty so i haven't found the Topic. I haven't used the English Language since 1988. :)

It works! You made my day!

with best regrads
falconsan

I am from Germany, Lower Saxonia.

I will take a few Pics and will upload it tomorrow on my Homepage.
My Map is 70% build. It is a realy, realy early Alpha. :)

But, one Picture from the ARMA OA Version is ready. A view over one Valley...
pic01.jpg

Looks good. Is that a river?
and if you haven't seen it yet look at L3dt. It's great for map making

The Map is based on real geo-data from the NASA. The Nasa-Data was converted and then reworked with L3dt.

Yes its a River. In real-Life it is named "Ruhr". In my Map, i use fictive City Names, but real locations. :)

My Map plays a few years after the begining of the Zombie-Apocalypse, so that Sidewalks, Roads etc. full of Clutter and Plants. :)

Cool. I noticed the clutter in the road. I took my map from grand manan an island owned by Canada.

Ill look forward to checking your map out when done.

Good luck. It's very time consuming but rewarding when your standing in the land you made.

Oh, I think, i need a few Weeks to finish the Map. The fucking crippled Roads and Details are need a lot of Time. The making of own German-Traffic Sign Models, too. :)

So, its 23:23. Its Time to go to sleep.

I hear you. I just stop my one version of grand manan to redo it with the actual height map. I'll throw up a pic when I get the road network layed out

Hello again,

i have uploaded a "work in progress" version of my map. I use modified Bliss-Lingor serverfiles. It works, but not realy good.
If you want to use the map with Pwonzor, you must create the serverfiles.

You find the Map to Download here: http://www.s6computer.de/sl ca 175 MB

I have another two big problems.
First problem:
I stand in a forrest and Day-Z says: "You must be in a forrest and near to a tree to take woods" . oO Hmmm... about 10k Trees are no Forrest?

Second Problem: Textures of my own models will be load realy realy late.
Driving a car:
He:"Hey look a traffic sign."
I: "What shows the Sign?"
He: "Nothing. absolutly nothing!"

I think it is a LOD Problem, but all extern models do the same. The BIS sample models, too

Any suggestions?

with best regrads
falconsan

PS: Updates of the map are every thursday.

Back