Punishing Players for killing unarmed...

Grafzahl

Valued Member!
Hi, i noticed that the golden rule "Its bad to kill unarmed Players that do you no harm", has been forogoten by most of the players, specialiy on pvp based maps like namalsk... people shootin everything they see, even freshspawns on the coast... not just badass bandits, nearly everyone does.

So i want to punish players that kill unarmed a little bit, maybe let them drop some blood, knock them out for a few secs or give them a special "Badass Bandit" View.

Problem is, iam new to arma scripting and i checked all the files in my dayz_server.pbo but couldnt find the part where the players humanity drops when he kills someone. I would try to implement a check on the victim, and if the victim had no weapon, implement the punishment.

Does anyone have an idea on part of the code i should start?

*PUSH*

I think there are more then me who likes the idea... nobody who can atleast could give me a hint where i should start? :-/

I dont want to punish them that hard, otherwise clans would do tactics like spaming the bunker in namalsk with 2 freshspawns so the guys down there die or something... a little impact like make them shaking or make them ill so they loose blood/need antibiotics would be enough i think...

As i said, i think i could start when a user kills another user and the new humanity is callculated, but where is this part of the code?

Anyone spawn camping new players wants low humanity or doesn't care about it, Punish them with blood loss will also make them think twice before opening fire on survivors :)

People will only start stocking up on painkillers and anti-biotics to counter your little impact, The idea you said was to punish them picking on fresh spawns

I like the sounds of how this is going though

I've been thinking about doing something similar to this lately, though instead of actually damaging the player, I'd rather the community take the action. I'm currently working on something that will post a message in chat saying "X (unarmed) was killed by Y". This way players have a better idea who they can trust and who to stay away from. I may even extend it more to include a marker on the map for players who kill more than 5 unarmed players.

The problem I'm having at the moment is players who stick their weapon in their backpack or drop it completely before they die.

Back