Radio messages inside vehicles?

Didn't see anything on this with a browse through the pages ^^

On the server I admin on we have the Dynamic AI Spawns, and to make things more interesting/balance out AI vs armored vehicles these AI have RPGs. But inside vehicles there is no radio chatter from the AI, which is troublesome...to say the least, we had quite a few players rage quit over it.

So I am asking, should the messages appear when players are in vehicles, or if they do not is it possible for them to appear whilst you are inside of vehicles?

Thanks

Try this edit with /compile/fn_seekPlayer.sqf, replace all instances of (there are 3):

Code:
_nearbyUnits = (getPosATL _targetPlayer) nearEntities ["CAManBase",TRANSMIT_RANGE];

With this:

Code:
_nearbyUnits = (getPosATL _targetPlayer) nearEntities [["CAManBase","Land"],TRANSMIT_RANGE];

This will also let the driver of the vehicle receive radio messages if they have a radio. Having radio messages sent to all players in the vehicle will make the solution more complicated than I would like it.

This might not work since the script would be checking if the vehicle has a Radio. In that case, you should modify the Radio item check and replace all:

Code:
if ((isPlayer _x)&&{(_x hasWeapon "ItemRadio")}) then {

With:

Code:
if ((isPlayer _x)&&{((driver _x) hasWeapon "ItemRadio")}) then {

Obligatory warning that all code posted is untested and strictly theoretical.

Hmm, it can be that only driver get a message yet with that code:
PHP:
if ((isPlayer _x)&&{((driver _x) hasWeapon "ItemRadio")}) then {

Back