[Release] Car Radio

Upon logging in, 'Receiving mission file' gets stuck at 505k out of 789k. Can't get on. If I hit esc and try to relog it says I'm on the serv and get 'Wait for Host'.

Any suggestions?

I followed the instructions, but here are my files.

init.sqf
http://pastebin.com/DJqtpBfE

description.ext
http://pastebin.com/wiEeqF1H

I'm no coder, but the #include "carradio\description.h" on line 1 of description.ext looks out of place to me. I dunno. Anyway, I tried it under the sarge on the bottom...serv starts but no car radio option.

Testing on Chernarus btw.

Upon logging in, 'Receiving mission file' gets stuck at 505k out of 789k. Can't get on. If I hit esc and try to relog it says I'm on the serv and get 'Wait for Host'.

Any suggestions?

init.sqf

description.ext

I'm no coder, but the #include "carradio\description.h" on line 1 of description.ext looks out of place to me. I dunno. Anyway, I tried it under the sarge on the bottom...serv starts but no car radio option.

That means your server is crashing. Can you look in your rpt file and see if there are any errors when the crash occurs?

Are you sure you placed the folder carradio in your mission file the right way?

That means your server is crashing. Can you look in your rpt file and see if there are any errors when the crash occurs?

Are you sure you placed the folder carradio in your mission file the right way?

Any suggestions?

init.sqf

description.ext

1. Sarge's AI doesn't need to be called upon with a "call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers" it can just be a simple "[]execVM"
2. Make sure you have got the car radio stuff in the write folder eg. Car radio files are in my root directory "#include description.h"

1. Sarge's AI doesn't need to be called upon with a "call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers" it can just be a simple "[]execVM"

Yeah I dunno man, that's how Sarge said to put it in.

I got the radio working...works great.

I had just installed winzip that day and for some reason it took over the .rar's...didn't even notice winzip was opening. Stupid mistake. Marvel, apologies for the bother.

Our anti-hacks are removing the option for players. What action should I be adding to the exception? I have already added CLAY_RadioVeh & CLAY_ID_RADIO but it is still being removed!

Thanks!

Our anti-hacks are removing the option for players. What action should I be adding to the exception? I have already added CLAY_RadioVeh & CLAY_ID_RADIO but it is still being removed!

Thanks!

Thanks!

same problem. I try like you, many convinations, and nathing.

you fixed it? because I like going to remove it, useless with anticheat.

edit// uninstalled.

Anyone figured this out yet? What action should be added to exceptions to stop antihack removing the scroll menu?

I have added it like it should be added, have no antihack and i cant get the menu, im pressing 1, and then reply but its only arma commands in there, what have i done wrong ?

Only question I have is why do the tracks play a little then the track changes like the track is over when its clearly not?

For those people who use AH, on blurgaming has a solution to fix problems with some types of menu, like radio.
while we are working to add in all the epoch menus, you can use this simple fix so you can still play and have the antihack working:

1) find this line in your AH.sqf and DELETE it:
Code:
if (isNull (findDisplay 106) and isNull (findDisplay 6902) and !(ctrlEnabled 1900)) then {closeDialog 0;};
2) Save, pack your pbo, and upload.

Removing that will enable all menus to be accessible. It honestly won't compromise your server much, because most of the hacks are being scanned for before players log in, and the BE filters catch the rest. The menus are just a fail-safe (and doesn't really protect you from custom RE's anyways). So don't worry about it, we'll get a epoch specific AH out in the future.

For me this is helped, but anyway, players cant see music titles in playlist tab, but this is not much matter.

Wie sieht es dann mit Radio Stream aus?

How it looks with radio stream from?

Kann mann nicht die Musik dann ausserhalb des Mission pbo (dayz_1.chernarus.pbo) ablegen? Sonst wird die pbo so gross!

Man can not then the music outside the mission pbo (dayz_1.chernarus.pbo) take? Otherwise, the pbo is so great!

omg dein englisch ist unter aller sau...
omg your english is under all pig *gg*

*scnr*

he mentions if its possible to put the soundfiles outside the missionfile or it will get too big

dir ist aber klar dass du deine files dann auch irgendwie an deine spieler verteilen musst?
und mit dem missionfile geschieht das nunmal automatisch beim connect

but you know that your players have to get these files too?
with the missionfile they get them automatically on connect

works on Epoch to, only problem is it seems like the music from dayz overwrites the carradio at some random point but im guessing is the scripts itself and not the epoch mod

any fix for it ?

So I figured out how to disable to the default DayZ music thus fixing the annoying override issue.
The rest of this post is directed at the general public:

If you're familiar with customizing compiles.sqf or already have a custom one just comment out the line that says
Code:
compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_music.sqf";            //Used to generate ambient music

If you're not familiar with it here's what you do:
Unpack dayz_code.pbo (google it if you don't know how to do this).
Copy the file dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf into your root mission folder (or unpack the pbo) and continue from there.
Comment out the above line using // in front of it.
Open init.sqf and change the line:
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"
To:
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compiles.sqf";

If you unpacked a mission pbo repack it, if it was already just a folder you're good to go. Viola, no more DayZ music for anyone on the server.

If you want to affect only yourself then change the compiles.sqf file in your dayz_code pbo and ignore all the mission parts.

One last quick note: I realize this is an old thread but I had a similar issue and dug around for a while until I solved it and thought I'd share the solution for anyone looking for it in the future.

I got it working in Dayz Chernarus. (1.0.2.5/103718)

Here we go!
First Download this

Copy the Following directory's in your mission file! example: [MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\]

[CLAY_CarRadio]
[userconfig]

Copy the directory [custom] into your mission file (if you dont have a custom compiles.sqf)
Search the following line in your init.sqf file
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
and replace it with the following lines
Code:
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";
if you already have a custom compiles.sqf find the line
Code:
player_music =                compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_music.sqf";            //Used to generate ambient music
and replace it with this
Code:
//player_music =                compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_music.sqf";            //Used to generate ambient music

Also in the init.sqf file place below
if (!isDedicated) then {

This Line:
Code:
[] ExecVM "CLAY_CarRadio\initCarRadio.sqf";                    // Car Radio

And place the following line below //Dayz Epoch Config or below // disable greeting menu
Code:
CLAY_RadioShowTooltips = true;  // true or false for tips      // Car Radio
In the description.ext file place on top!
This Line:
Code:
#include "CLAY_CarRadio\description.h"                          // Car Radio
And This Line at the bottom:
Code:
#include "userconfig\CLAY_CarRadio\CLAY_CarRadio.hpp"          // Car Radio
Copy the following files

music_e.pbo
music_e.pbo.bi.bisign
music_e.pbo.bi2.bisign

In this directory :
[\Expansion\Addons\]

And an example mission showing you how to add your own music and additional vehicle types is added in the directory:

[Playlist Editor demo files]

!!! AGAIN IMPORTANT !!!!​
!!!! TO MAKE THE RADIO WORK YOU MUST HAVE INGAME VOLUME MUSIC ON !!!!​

Thats it !!

Go into your custom compiles and doubleslash out player_music.
Boom, no more crappy Rocket ambient music.
Then tell your players to turn their music up.

Back