[Release] DayZChernarus Mission System

My grammar might not be great as I struggle with this. Also I am in a filed in a tent on my phone. So do not really care to much about it and agin you go on about grammar and stuff and putting up crap about me been a nerd and hiding when I am not at all. You can't even be polite to the OP or to me. You don't need how to write code just understand what it's saying like sky write the code just spawns smokes I the back of the plane if you could read it you would know the text thing not really possible. Also the reason SM1 and SM2 not there was because the 2 missions should run once per server restart. So you adding them back in made part of the novey bug as part of the code in the mission needed to be changed because that had been added.

My grammar might not be great as I struggle with this. Also I am in a filed in a tent on my phone. So do not really care to much about it and agin you go on about grammar and stuff and putting up crap about me been a nerd and hiding when I am not at all. You can't even be polite to the OP or to me. You don't need how to write code just understand what it's saying like sky write the code just spawns smokes I the back of the plane if you could read it you would know the text thing not really possible. Also the reason SM1 and SM2 not there was because the 2 missions should run once per server restart. So you adding them back in made part of the novey bug as part of the code in the mission needed to be changed because that had been added.

Yeah, like I said...your lazy. Your in a 'filed' whats that? Too lazy to use hit a button on a phone? What, your on a phone with no period button?

The Skywrite OP said it WAS technically possible. Do you understand those words as I strung them?

You started it off rude, see post #69, so this is what you get and I have been nice to the OP, we had a disagreement in between niceties and moved on. You want to start off like a punk, I'm going to handle you like a punk.

The reason SM1/SM2 wasn't in there, is because there was too much loot. Zero mention of Novy bug...ZERO. If you bothered to read this thread in full like you said you did [full on lie, caught you] or read the original thread on the missions you would in fact see your wrong yet again. Post #65.

OP said Novy was a known bug and nothing was ever said that SM1/SM2 made it active. Sm1/SM2 is needed as it only spawns 3-4 missions w/o it. As far as I know it has NOTHING to do with the Novy bug.

Now put your no period button phone down, take your meds, step out of the tent. Go enjoy nature, catch a fish or something and quit trolling this thread.

Lol I did read it and that maybe why it was taken out for to much loot but other things in it made it bug. But that's fine as I said talk to me how you like and as I said people that deserve the fix will get it and when I hear from op I will post it here. Until then have fun with the novey bug.

I am going to make this crystal clear.

Timmy_kirton the way you have behaved is completely unacceptable, I suggest you read over the rules of this forum treat others with respect. Dusty Nuttles has done nothing wrong besides defend himself and ask why you won't share your fix. There is NO SUCH THING as people who DON'T deserve your fix, you may have your own fix and keep it private and not tell anyone about it but bragging about having one and not sharing is just plain rude.

If you are such a code master Mr Kirton then please write us a zero buffer exploit against a closed system and then it might be impressive.

Basically (applies to everyone) -
  • DO NOT hijack threads.
  • DO NOT make personal vendettas, curse or troll other people of the community, after all we are all human and have feelings.
  • DO NOT brag about having a fix and then keeping it your self, if you don't want to share it don't tell anyone about it.
  • DO treat others with respect.
    • Keep it nice. If someone posts something and you feel it has its shortcomings, then provide some helpful feedback, don't attack them.
  • DO share your code for fixes when possible.
    • No childish debates about who codes better. This is a high level scripting language on an open game engine, its not that impressive what any of us do.
This is your last and only warning, behave like an adult or consequences will apply.

Ugh, why can't people just respect one another, and no one be put on blast or shamed for their OWN stance regarding author's rights...

The long and short of it whether or not any of you get it is, authors do not have to nor should EVER held up in shame for not sharing their IP.

These sorts of childish disputes would have gotten EVERYONE BUT Timmy warned on the BI forums... Commander would have had his Admin rights pulled IMMEDIATELY.

The fact that someone marked as staff comes in and yells at him for his response to personal attacks is mind blowing to me.

It is this systemic failure to understand and respect other author's and their rights that makes me want to walk away from this community entirely...

I am totally in support of sharing our assets, we share assets in Arma 2 forums prior to exploiting them for our own benefit in DayZ which NO other group would, or should be pressured to do...

However I would NEVER come at Timmy like Dusty did, and frankly chastised HIM for sending me a PM to "sort out" Timmy who is under ZERO obligation to share his fix with anyone EVER much less when he's on a camping vacation.

Both parties resorted to childish bickering which is bad on both parts, but for a moderator to take the side of the demanding requester and not the logically occupied solution holder is AWE INSPIRING to me.

Guy is goddam camping FFS. he made it clear he's happy to share it with the OP when/if it's wanted when he returns, the indignant and unabashed desire for instant satisfaction in DayZ is insane to me.

Thank you nonov and I have not done anything to Dusty but reply to the rude comments. Not only in this thread but others as well. Also I have never said I was a code master commander only Dusty saying I was but i have never said I better than you.

I am not withholding the info either I said PM me for the fix which I have had some that i have replayed. Again even tho I was at a Airsoft event all weekend.

I am not the one calling people a nerd, stupid, attack them over grammar when they may have difficulty with it and go on other threads also and start posting on their as well hijacking that thread also.

The fact that someone marked as staff comes in and yells at him for his response to personal attacks is mind blowing to me.
I did not yell, that would require a form of verbal communication. I simply addressed the issue.

Now to the point.

Dusty was defending himself at the beginning, I suggest those that aren't aware begin on page 4 @ post #69. Anywho, Timmy lifted up an issue that Dusty and lazylink had previously resolved and left on a good note. Now it's just common courtesy to leave the past in the past, and not go digging up shit to attack someone else.

The main issue is the fact that he wanted people to PM him for the fix, there is NO ISSUE at all with posting the fix in this forum.
So only people who deserve it can get the fix and also have not had the creator say its ok to put up his modded code.
This is what sparked the argument between the two of them again, and yes Dusty may have crossed the line a bit but the thing is that Dusty was simply trying to get the message across that THERE IS NO ONE THAT DOES'T DESERVE THIS FIX.

It's plain and simple and that's how it is. If this issue is not resolved by the time I get back in a week then this thread will be permanently locked.

This is why we can't have nice things. Authors see this kinda crap going on and decide to keep their work private.

Instead of locking the entire thread, how about just removing certain posts?

I did not yell, that would require a form of verbal communication. I simply addressed the issue.

Now to the point.

Nope, after making a typically fucking pointless childish dick bag remark like that I don't read on.

Grow up.

YOU do not deserve the answer, and neither does Whoever sent me and you a bitchy PM INSTANTLY when he didn't get HIS problem answered for him by someone else.... WTF.

Thank you Fr1nk for having the sense to know what this kind of BULLSHIT causes...

I frankly feel like pulling Sahrani off of a site that breeds this sort of ignorance and attitude.

Nope, after making a typically fucking pointless childish dick bag remark like that I don't read on.

Grow up.

YOU do not deserve the answer, and neither does Whoever sent me and you a bitchy PM INSTANTLY when he didn't get HIS problem answered for him by someone else.... WTF.

Thank you Fr1nk for having the sense to know what this kind of BULLSHIT causes...

I frankly feel like pulling Sahrani off of a site that breeds this sort of ignorance and attitude.

2j6ag5c.gif

Is there any way to have the missions msg come up every 2min or so?
Or is there a way to have it in red on the map like in Wasteland?

thanks

Could somebody maybe do a tutorial of how to install on epoch? having troubles getting anywhere because some of the files are different, Thanks!

All, holiday weekend is over, so lets get this thread back on track.

For one, I don't have time to read over the whole thing in detail to see who is right / wrong.

Timmy_kirton, as I understand it, you've been on holidays, which is fair enough.

Do you plan (in you're own time, but not to far into the future) to release this patch / fix that you have?

Back