[Release] mmmyum's zed changes - quantity, AI, spawning, permaLoot, permaZeds& more

@novaline: look into my compile.sqf and find
//player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf";
and delte the // so the line should looks like:
player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf";
I think thats it :)
Sorry but its hard to remeber all lil changes i made.

@Jinete182 Do i understand right..you want to get rid of zeds in a special are?

No worries mate I suffer from goldfish memory as well, now what was I doing? ;)

just a question, this zed ai and permaloot mod is heavier on serverload since its all server sided i assume?
Also where do i set the amount of Zeds spawned by players and buildings.
Will commenting out
Code:
[5,true,10,1,true,7] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm";
give back normal server day cycle?

Last edited:
oh ok, but somehow server is really lagged down and everyone has around 10 fp from normal 20-60, also they seem to ignore players and sound totally but that might be server lag due to the mod

You can use [1,true,10,1,true,1] for normal time. I have deleted the sync time part in the cleanup.fsm so i dont know what will happen if you comment out the line. Maybe eveyone on the server will have different ingame time.
For the amount of zeds take a look in spawn_permaloot.sqf about line 28. Yum do not spawn the zeds from buildings, he spawn them from locations and set a amount of 200 Zeds per Location. The line looks like:

_x setVariable ["numZombies", 200, true];

You can change the 200 to 100 but i never tested it.

Well my server is not running optimized server hardware so for me 200 zeds per building is way to much, I dropped it to 50 per building and now players fos is back to around 20-45

hmm..thats interesting..i never thought about it. but if so then the large amount which yum is spawning will equalize it..:)

@novaline: its not a spawn per building. Its per location. That means you will have around 50 zeds in elektro or cherno per player..only for example. After a player has killed all "owned" zeds there will be no zeds for the next 33 minutes.

Well, my server is not well frequented..im playing with a friend and sometimes we are driving around with another player. I realized that the spawntimer is depending to the player. If i am alone then a location spawn around 200. If i kill them everything is pretty quiet for about 33 minutes after the last zed is gone but if my friend join in the location he will spawn around 200 zeds again. So yes, another player will reinstate the timer.

I seen comments that this mod actually decreases server lag but I'm not sure if I can agree, I love the mod and the slowed down zeds, having the original zeds that glitches and teleports is not an option, however these zeds only reacts to light sources, they totally ignore players and sound sadly.

@DangerRuss: Yes thats all, then it should work.

@novaline: I have no idea. Another Key is working?

The reason Im asking is because I noticed in his cleanup.fsm he has these removed completely

Code:
item8[] = {"sync_the_time",2,250,-225.000000,175.000000,-125.000000,225.000000,0.000000,"sync" \n "the time"};
item9[] = {"true",8,218,-75.000000,250.000000,25.000000,300.000000,0.000000,"true"};

So I'll leave that in and just delete the

Code:
/*%FSM</LINK>*/
/*%FSM<LINK "time_sync">*/
class time_sync
{
priority=3.000000;
to="sync_the_time";
precondition=/*%FSM<CONDPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</CONDPRECONDITION""">*/;
condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"(time - _lastTimeSync) > 300"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
action=/*%FSM<ACTION""">*/"_lastTimeSync=time;"/*%FSM</ACTION""">*/;
};

like you said. I'll let you know how it goes

novaline you can use the zombie_agent.fsm from yums master folder. Make sure you are running his undead_skin otherwise they will be able to run. see if they are targeting faster.

Well, my server is not well frequented..im playing with a friend and sometimes we are driving around with another player. I realized that the spawntimer is depending to the player. If i am alone then a location spawn around 200. If i kill them everything is pretty quiet for about 33 minutes after the last zed is gone but if my friend join in the location he will spawn around 200 zeds again. So yes, another player will reinstate the timer.
When a player enter in a area spawn zeds in this area, What file is the condition to spawn zombies?
Could you ask in that file that is if the coordinates x, y map does not spawn zombies?

what is needed to be removed from server.pbo and mission.pbo to remove permaloot and accelerated time? i like to use the standard dayz epoch scripts for that.

Back