[Request] DayZ Currency + AI Merchants

Freaking Fred

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Hey guys. I joined these forums a couple of weeks ago to find some simple scripts to add to my server and inadvertently became a very active member. This is my first official request.

I have been attempting to provide higher quality gameplay for the players on my server. I want there to be more to do than aimlessly killing zombies or hunting other players. I have been very interested in the AI addons and the safezones/humanity zones are also very intriguing.

My request is to have zombies and AI humans drop a form of currency that the player can collect and use to purchase supplies from AI merchants. I would add these merchants to different safezones/strongholds throughout the map. I would want the merchants to sell weapons, ammunition, tools, food and drink, medical supplies, etc. I would like the currency to be "dropped" when a player dies and be retrievable by other players.

I hope some of the more experienced members of the forum can tell me if something like this is possible or if it has been attempted before. Also, if it is possible, can it be done without requiring a client download? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I've heard of this being possible. Never seen it myself... And I bet its rather a PITA to set up with all the possible items for sale and such. It would be nice to have different types of vendors @ different places, so you have to earn specific humanity ratings to deal with them or have reduced prices... Obviously not everyone is into AI or shops. But it would be interesting to see done.

I personally would like to see more hero vs bandits gameplay to go along with the zones

I've heard of this being possible. Never seen it myself... And I bet its rather a PITA to set up with all the possible items for sale and such. It would be nice to have different types of vendors @ different places, so you have to earn specific humanity ratings to deal with them or have reduced prices... Obviously not everyone is into AI or shops. But it would be interesting to see done.

I personally would like to see more hero vs bandits gameplay to go along with the zones

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I'm glad to see others might be interested in this as well.

I suggest to look into the DayZEpoch Mod they done what you want.

They have AI Traders and Trader Cities implemented and also an own currency, but the Zombies don't drop any of it.

Maybe that helps :)

another place to look at might be wastelands.

I know the towing system (R3F) has been implemented successfully in dayz

Back