[REQUEST] Editing equipment and backpack slot amounts

mdswish

One of the things I love about the Epoch mod is that large items such as engine parts and vRotors take up only a single slot in your inventory and backpack instead of six slots each. Epoch also gives more slots to larger backpacks than what it set by default in DayZ. I'd like to repeat this in other mods, such as Overwatch, but I can't figure out how to properly reference the config.cpp file I pulled from dayz_equip.pbo (which is where this slot data resides) so the slots values can be called from the mission file instead of the dayz_equip.pbo.

Something similar to this has been done already with custom loot tables, which I have successfully got working on my Overwatch private hive. So I know it's possible to do, since it's essentially the same thing. You pull certain SQFs and CPPs and reference them in the mission file through a custom compiles.sqf. My problem is that I'm a very novice coder and need some help figuring this out. I know it can be done and I think the community would like the option, as this sort of scripting addon/change could be appealing to many different mods and server types.

So...if there is anyone out there that can help with this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure it would be a big hit if it can be done successfully. Thanks in advance!

Back