[Request] Nuke

Dlcoates1

Hello once again everyone. Now, I know this may seem stupid, or some of you guys may think it's a bad idea, but I am currently wondering if anyone can possible help me with something.

I am currently wishing to get an addon for my server, but there is nothing at all as far as this topic goes. As you can tell by the title, I am wanting a nuke addon for my server. As far as I have seen, they don't exist, but I am not just wanting a nuke, I am wanting a small sized nuke, preferably a 10 - 15kt nuke. I would like it to drop on random places in the map at random times. I would like it to be ran serverside so anyone nearby can see/hear it. Obviously the reason I want a small version is because of the simple fact that if it was too large, it would cause major lag spikes in the server and the client.

My bet is that axeman could do this no problem seeing as how he is a coding pro, but if anyone else thinks they can, and want to give it a shot, feel free :D

This would drive most players mental... Randomly having a bomb dropped on them/their camp and lose everything... for no good reason at all let alone being unpreventable.

We have weapons crates throughout our map, and every restart they respawn and everything. Also, I am not asking for it to do damage, just a quick flash and effect. Besides, even if it did do damage, with our basebuilding mod, we don't have to worry about losing buildings if it did do damage.

We have weapons crates throughout our map, and every restart they respawn and everything. Also, I am not asking for it to do damage, just a quick flash and effect. Besides, even if it did do damage, with our basebuilding mod, we don't have to worry about losing buildings if it did do damage.

The effects I'd be more interested in than the actual damage portion as well. I'm sure there was a thread on nukes here like a week ago and someone posted a script. Dig for it!

Ok, it's exactly what I was looking for as far as nukes go. Any possibility that someone can edit it to run server side and detonate at random locations at random intervals throughout the session?

In the Eagle Wing campaign, there is a nuke2.sqf script that will create a nuke-like explosion. It wont, however, do any damage. It just creates the mushroom cloud and the fancy effects.

You can add a blast to that.

I was thinking of adding in an air raid siren to major cities and having MV22s fly over a city and drop a nuke onto the city. The air raid, the osprey, and the chute from the nuke should give players enough time to evacuate the area.

In the Eagle Wing campaign, there is a nuke2.sqf script that will create a nuke-like explosion. It wont, however, do any damage. It just creates the mushroom cloud and the fancy effects.

I was thinking of adding in an air raid siren to major cities and having MV22s fly over a city and drop a nuke onto the city. The air raid, the osprey, and the chute from the nuke should give players enough time to evacuate the area.

I already have the script for it, I was just hoping someone could edit it to run server side and drop at random times and locations.

This sounds more reasonable.

hmm tried this out, cant seem to get the mushroom cloud showing, i jsut get the aperture flash on login then nothing, anyone else have this? or does this only work on Chernarus?

hmm tried this out, cant seem to get the mushroom cloud showing, i jsut get the aperture flash on login then nothing, anyone else have this? or does this only work on Chernarus?

As far as I have seen with the script, it works only on cherno.

ah damn, i had a feeling, I run a Panthera server, and yea i only see the flash at the start :( anyone know of a way to get this into other maps?

ah damn, i had a feeling, I run a Panthera server, and yea i only see the flash at the start :( anyone know of a way to get this into other maps?

Not sure. I am still wondering if anyone can get this to drop at random places at random times, let alone get it to run serverside.

Back