Safe Bases - Almost Complete

This was going well... in fact the last time we were testing the Final product it was all working well and effectively... sadly though a Large Hurdle has been put in place an stopped this project Dead in its tracks atm...

HIHI

Yes, I've contributed to both those threads. They don't really do what this original thread was trying to achieve though, which was a zone that protected everything inside from players that weren't on the uid list. All I can see in those other posts are solutions for either West vs East or simple "kill and remove weapons on enter" type scripts. I also don't think some of the examples are good solutions either, not that mine are any better.. which is why I'm bumping this post :)

both of those are fine if thats what u r looking for... but what he had/have working is alot diffrent.. everything inside your base (safe base) is protected... so if that 1 asshole is pissed and decided to shoot rockets/tanks shells and destroy your stuff ... it just wont work :).....

If anyone figures out a clean way to make a trigger do the following, please let me know.

1. When no "base owner players" are inside the trigger, make all vehicles inside that trigger invincible.
2. Prevent any player not in the approved UID list from entering.
3. When any player in the list of approved UID's enters the trigger, the damage filter turns off and other players not on the list may also now enter, but ONLY while a player with an approved UID is present.

I want the NO damage trigger turned off when an approved player is around because I feel it's only fair that while they're around, they at least defend their own base :)

Added: Also , is there any way to read these UID's from a custom tables in the database?

hi all!

i really wanna get rid of tsw !
So i'm jsut gonna throw this question in:

Is this script here running properly and do i have to place the worldspace in like a rectangular safe base or how is thisworking .

btw i'm not a scripter ,just a serverowner ,that wanna do it the right way for his players and donators .

sry forgot to ask : is it possible to not hurt them ,jsut port them after 30 seconds if they dont leave the protected area?

cheers fox

anyone got this working? got players dive bombing camps now. need a way to protect them better. tried a few pieces of leolilu code in my camps.sqf files but no joy.

here is what i did
put this in the inti file:
Code:
if(isServer) then {
    "triggerDamageOff" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
                private ["_args"];
                _args = _this; //_this = the val of "triggerDamageOff"

if(!isNull _args) then {
                        _args setVehicleInit "this allowDamage true";
                        processInitCommands;
                };
    };
};

and this in my camps file:

Code:
// Camp
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["ids here"]) exitWith {
titleText ["You are cleared to stay...  Welcome back.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
};
// Everyone Else
triggerDamageOff= vehicle player;
publicVariable "triggerDamageOff";
titleText ["This base is protected leave now or die in 10 seconds", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleText ["You were warned", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
player setDamage 1;

hi all!
sry forgot to ask : is it possible to not hurt them ,jsut port them after 30 seconds if they dont leave the protected area?
cheers fox
my code ports players out that enter the zone
Code:
            _directionto = [_unit, vehicle player] call BIS_fnc_dirTo;  //BIS Function to get the direction to the Object entering the Zone
            if(_directionto < 0) then {_directionto = _directionto + 360};  //negative direction to positive
            _positionPlayer = getposATL vehicle player;
            _setNewPos = [getposATL _unit,_directionto,(_radius + 1),true] call FindPosition;  //Custom Script to find the Position outside the Zone in direction of the entering Object
            _setNewPos set [2,(_positionPlayer select 2)];  //adding height
            //cutText ["Enemy Base: " + str(_ShieldID) + " PlayerBaseID: " + str(_playerbaseID) + " DirectionTo: " + str(_directionto) + " NewPos: " +str(_setNewPos), "PLAIN DOWN"];
            cutText ["The Baseshield of this Enemy Base is stronger then you! >_<", "PLAIN DOWN"];  //Info to player
            vehicle player setPos _setNewPos;  //kick out not allowed player or vehicle the player is in

Reactions: Fox
anyone got this working? got players dive bombing camps now. need a way to protect them better. tried a few pieces of leolilu code in my camps.sqf files but no joy.

here is what i did
put this in the inti file:
Code:
if(isServer) then {
    "triggerDamageOff" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
                private ["_args"];
};

and this in my camps file:

Code:
// Camp
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["ids here"]) exitWith {
titleText ["You are cleared to stay...  Welcome back.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
};

how you are executing your camp file ? do you see any titletext messages ?

how you are executing your camp file ? do you see any titletext messages ?

It is executed in the mission file.

Code:
class Item19
        {
            position[]={1352.1855,152.44626,5808.2549};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            activationBy="ANY";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="Garias Camp";
            expCond="(vehicle player) in thislist;";
            expActiv="adminbase = [] execVM ""camp4.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate adminbase; titleText [""You have left the danger zone!"", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };

titleText ["This base is protected leave now or die in 10 seconds", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleText ["You were warned", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
player setDamage 1;

This is no longer working so I assume it broke before it got there. I have tried a few different things nothing works for me yet I'll post when i got something remotely close.

thank u for sharing your script with us leolilu - btw i know your servers - watched many videos of what u done ! very very amazing and impressive !

would be very nice...

btw what is the lhm-mod

cheers fox

will try it soon and reply as fast as i can !

@Fox:
btw what is the lhm-mod
!

lhm stands for loewenherz modification
thats my customisation of rocket's great DayZ Mod + RMod2 + new car types + new skins + wasteland features
+ my own basebuilding syste, baseshield system, custom loadout system, admin event features ...

@machine:
It is executed in the mission file.

Code:
class Item19
        {
            position[]={1352.1855,152.44626,5808.2549};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            activationBy="ANY";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="Garias Camp";
            expActiv="adminbase = [] execVM ""camp4.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate adminbase; titleText [""You have left the danger zone!"", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };

i dont have much experience with triggers, never used them in my mission file ^^
i will test it if i have some time... at the moment i cant help you, sorry :/

maybe the trigger zone is too high ?:( -> position[]={1352.1855,152.44626,5808.2549};

not sure it is a ATL or ASL location...

I'm starting to figure it out. I have been doing c++ tuts to understand the code. If i come up with a solution i will let you know. Thanks for your help!

Code:
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["XXXXXXX"]) then {
titleText ["You are entering a restricted zone....identity confirmed. Welcome back.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
} else {
titleText ["You are entering a restricted zone, please turn back now or face certain death...", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleText ["You have less than 5 seconds to leave (you're about to die!)...", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleText ["You were warned..!", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 1;
player setDamage 1;
};

So what do i have to do to add the Godmode for players (and if possible) vehicle?
Its running via a trigger like this:

Code:
class Item0
{
position[]={5482.666,366.10864,13319.332};
   a=75;
b=75;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="smrbase";
expActiv="smrbase = [] execVM ""Scripts\smr.sqf"";";
expDesactiv="terminate smrbase; titleText [""You have left the restricted zone!"", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];";
class Effects
{
titleType="TEXT";
titleEffect="PLAIN DOWN";
title="You are entering a restricted zone.";
};
};

And for your information, the script which only kills none whitelisted players works fine (except if you change your skin and doesn't relogg or if you killed an npc, if anyone have also a fix for that would be awesome).

Thanks for your help.
sincerly J3T

ok, i tested somthing around, did you try to add
Code:
type="SWITCH";
to yout trigger ? @machine and J3T

Code:
    class Sensors
    {
        items=1;
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={4546.0439,339,10242.657};
            rectangular=1;
            activationBy="ANY";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            type="SWITCH";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="MyTrigger";
            name="MyTrigger";
            expActiv="_id = [true,this] execVM ""Leos\burner\zonecheck.sqf"";";
            expDesactiv="_id = [false,this] execVM ""Leos\burner\zonecheck.sqf"";";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };
    };

this is my test-trigger and this works for me

gonna try it out in 3 minutes.

Got an issue with a new script... just have to fix that. Update you soon.

Update: Got it working now, just need someone to test it for me *gg* (Because of admin status i am everywhere whitelisted)

Back