SAR_respawn_waittime and player vehicle checking

Sharkking

Valued Member!
Hello Sarge,

first of all thanks for this great Framework.

I have one question for the config value SAR_respawn_waittime. Does this apply to each player or do they respawn every time a new player comes close enough to trigger them ? EG playerA snipers away the group and playerB comes in and they repawn before the set time in SAR_respawn_waittime.

2nd question is about AI detecting players in Vehicles. it seems not to work.
I have configured Ai to pretect a certain area on my server. They spawn as soon a player approaches in a car but then just standing arround instead of attacking him (i have set SAR_HUMANITY_HOSTILE_LIMIT = 999999). Is there a way to configure this ?

best regards
Sharkking

Edit: Ai does attack players in cars, but only if they get out once and back in the car while the Ai is spawned. Probably this can be fixed somehow or with the next realease ?

AI doesnt track players in vehicles in regards of humanity. Bandit AI will attack vehicles with human players in, but survivor AI and military AI will not.

The reason for this is that we will get VERY weird behaviour with the Arma engine if a bandit and a survivor are travelling together in a car and get spotted by friendly AI - the bandit will get downrated to ENEMY, and the Arma engine will not allow them to travel in the same car anymore, potentially kicking one.

That will be especially nasty in helis .-)

So that's something i will not change.

cheers, Sarge

respawn depends on if you are looking at dynamic or static spawns.

static spawns will respawn regrdless if players around or not.

dynamic will only respawn if the grid they were configured for is "active", meaning a player is in there.

Code:
EG playerA snipers away the group and playerB comes in and they repawn before the set time in SAR_respawn_waittime.

This shouldnt happen - if player A snipers em away (from within that grid), player B joins the grid there should be no spawn before the respawn time. Worth a test though, might have found a flaw here. If you get more details on that please let me know.

Sarge

So far the AI works absolute correct. tryed with two guys one sipers the AI and the other one runs for loot. No respawn unless the given timer counted down. Thanks a lot

Hey Sarge - I understand this description, only problem I am having, is that the static bandit AI are not attacking players in vehicles :(

I did find that if I got OUT of one of our vehicles, and into a vehicle that was placed via the map editor, THEN they shot at me :p But I could drive around in my BDRM (rmod), and they would run around me, but not shoot :(

Is it due to them not having enough firepower? Although even then, they kinda stood there to let me run them over :p

Any ideas?

AI doesnt track players in vehicles in regards of humanity. Bandit AI will attack vehicles with human players in, but survivor AI and military AI will not.

The reason for this is that we will get VERY weird behaviour with the Arma engine if a bandit and a survivor are travelling together in a car and get spotted by friendly AI - the bandit will get downrated to ENEMY, and the Arma engine will not allow them to travel in the same car anymore, potentially kicking one.

That will be especially nasty in helis .-)

So that's something i will not change.

cheers, Sarge

Might be firepower. In my next version there's a debug variant that shows directly on the vehicles which side the vehicles are on.

If your vehicle is on side west = normal survivor Player, Bandit AI should shoot em.

I'l run a quick test here later on and see what happens.

cheers, Sarge

Hey Sarge,

Cool - The vehicles I was in were added via the database, and one of the classnames is 'BRDM2_INS' if that helps (INS - I think is WEST by default? not sure tho!) - These weren't added via the editor or anything, so I couldn't set a side when added them.

For a split test, I pulled the SAR static AI, and replaced with some AI via the 2d editor, set as EAST, and they attack my vehicles (lol, killed me in a matter of seconds! hahaha)

Anyway, hope this info helps - well done by the way Sarge, everyone's lovin' your mod!!!

Mike.

Might be firepower. In my next version there's a debug variant that shows directly on the vehicles which side the vehicles are on.

If your vehicle is on side west = normal survivor Player, Bandit AI should shoot em.

I'l run a quick test here later on and see what happens.

cheers, Sarge

For me it worked placing the bandits. They even tryed to shoot me when i was over the "protected area" with heli. (at least the sniper did a good job^). Approaching in a car mostly ends up getting killed.

Back