SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have 2 things I wanted to ask.

1. How can I remove the green and red waypoints on the map? I had to remove script #8 to get the mod to work.
2. Can we make the npc's communicate with players in side chat or direct chat?

Sorry if this has been asked before looked around did not see an answer o_O

I have this issue as well and I have checked the Debug and it is indeed turned off (set to 0). Is there a fix for this, not game breaking but is annoying. Is there something I'm missing or another reason why they would be on?
Also, with the soldier and heli spawns. I am assuming that you would set the chance of soldier spawns to 0 to have them not spawn. With the helis, would I just comment out the last line in the config.sqf?
Otherwise enjoying the AI and is working great, needs a bit of tweaking on my end but it is indeed awesome work!

I have this issue as well and I have checked the Debug and it is indeed turned off (set to 0). Is there a fix for this, not game breaking but is annoying. Is there something I'm missing or another reason why they would be on?
Also, with the soldier and heli spawns. I am assuming that you would set the chance of soldier spawns to 0 to have them not spawn. With the helis, would I just comment out the last line in the config.sqf?
Otherwise enjoying the AI and is working great, needs a bit of tweaking on my end but it is indeed awesome work!

Which version of my framework are you running, and in which file did you adjust the KRON_UPS_DEBUG to 0 ?

I do not understand your second question. There is NO dynamic heli spawning. Heli's are spawned as static groups, and these are defined by you - so either you have them where you want them, or you don't. If you are working off a default grps_cfg file, just comment out the lines that call in the helis.

Which version of my framework are you running, and in which file did you adjust the KRON_UPS_DEBUG to 0 ?

I do not understand your second question. There is NO dynamic heli spawning. Heli's are spawned as static groups, and these are defined by you - so either you have them where you want them, or you don't. If you are working off a default grps_cfg file, just comment out the lines that call in the helis.

I am working with the newest version which I got on Github 2 days ago (1.1.0) and it appears that KRON_UPS_DEBUG is set to 0 by default and it is in SAR_config.sqf

And yes I'm working with a default default grps file. The helis do spawn and seem to do so frequently. Just looking to turn them off at the moment. Will dig around some more, Pardon my noobness ;)

Does dynamic respawn have to be set to true to respawn static AI? My static AI is still not respawning even with today's update.

Does dynamic respawn have to be set to true to respawn static AI? My static AI is still not respawning even with today's update.

No, only the parameter in the spawncall has to be set. Try switching on the debug levels and check your rpt, i see tons of static AI respawning here on my environment.

I am working with the newest version which I got on Github 2 days ago (1.1.0) and it appears that KRON_UPS_DEBUG is set to 0 by default and it is in SAR_config.sqf

And yes I'm working with a default default grps file. The helis do spawn and seem to do so frequently. Just looking to turn them off at the moment. Will dig around some more, Pardon my noobness ;)

There is no way you can get the groupmarkers when KRON_UPS_DEBUG is set to 0.

Recheck the files that you installed, maybe you missed the bugfix that i uploaded.

I'm dumb, I had respawn set to false. You are a god among men, Sarge.

I'm just another noob forgetting to double check his code.

Kill Messages work with this one over yesterdays version, I am ok with losing loop messages.

Can you be a little more descriptive about what ambush/fortify/patrol will make the AI do?

I kinda want a snipe option, where the AI group will stay still and not chase, basically I want a sniper team on a hill. They chased me when I set them on fortify.

There is no way you can get the groupmarkers when KRON_UPS_DEBUG is set to 0.

Recheck the files that you installed, maybe you missed the bugfix that i uploaded.
I have rechecked and I have also found a KRON_UPS_DEBUG in the Init_UPSMON.sqf; which I have now set to 0 from 1; as well as the SAR_config.sqf. I think this should be the issue just haven't tested it yet. Cheers

So i updated my addons folder exactly as specified and now my AI dont spawn at all. Rather than just back to my origional(which seemed to be broken somehow) I've just included the files here and maybe if one of you are kind and bored you can take a look and maybe spot something i fucked up.

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grid_panthera.sqf
    1.2 KB · Views: 7
  • SAR_cfg_grps_panthera.sqf
    8.4 KB · Views: 14
  • SAR_config.sqf
    14.4 KB · Views: 10
So i updated my addons folder exactly as specified and now my AI dont spawn at all. Rather than just back to my origional(which seemed to be broken somehow) I've just included the files here and maybe if one of you are kind and bored you can take a look and maybe spot something i fucked up.

what does your rpt state ?

on a first glance i see:

_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG1", [8325, 2180]];

you use this 3 times, which is fine. Use different markernames though.

Your dynamic spawning definitions repeat for every single grid:
Code:
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,1,2],[100,100,100],[3,7,5]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Well, you can have that easier .-) just define these as default in SAR_config, and you can delete all these lines.

The section you are looking for is:

Code:
// -----------------------------------------------
// default values for dynamic grid spawning

And i recommend for the time being to switch this one off:
Code:
// run fix for the issue that bandits cant travel in a vehicle with survivors EXPERIMENTAL, might not work 100%
SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = true;

I have rechecked and I have also found a KRON_UPS_DEBUG in the Init_UPSMON.sqf; which I have now set to 0 from 1; as well as the SAR_config.sqf. I think this should be the issue just haven't tested it yet. Cheers

Shouldn't make a difference, i am overwriting that one. As long as UPSMON is loaded before my addon that is :)

I'm dumb, I had respawn set to false. You are a god among men, Sarge.

I'm just another noob forgetting to double check his code.

Kill Messages work with this one over yesterdays version, I am ok with losing loop messages.

Can you be a little more descriptive about what ambush/fortify/patrol will make the AI do?

I kinda want a snipe option, where the AI group will stay still and not chase, basically I want a sniper team on a hill. They chased me when I set them on fortify.

Patrol = they will patrol random waypoints within the defined area
ambush = the will find a place near a road where they will ambush vehicles (they might have some surprises :))
fortify = they will fortify buildings - they might still hunt you after you aggroed them though.

What you want is a forced nomove - even if the Arma AI takes over. There is a nomove option in UPSMON, i am not sure though if units really stay put to the place then.

Will look into if / put it on the releaseplanning list. If you feel adventurous, you can try to adjust SAR_setup_AI_patrol.sqf, at the end the upsmon strings are generated. (overwrite the fortify2 entry, thats not used anyhow)

cheers

Sarge

Made the changes. Still not getting ANY spawns what soever. I'm a bit newer to this DayZ Server troulbeshooting game. Added RPT, not sure what i'm looking for.

"5:36:37 Server: Object 3:370 not found (message 91)"
5:36:37 Server: Object 3:367 not found (message 98)
5:36:37 Server: Object 3:371 not found (message 99)

maybe this?

Attachments

• SAR_config.sqf
    14.4 KB · Views: 2
  • SAR_cfg_grps_panthera.sqf
    5.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20130403.txt
    371.9 KB · Views: 2
Got a question Sarge, for frequency calculations....which way should i take that number to increase server performance? HIGHER or LOWER?

We are experiencing a little bit of lag and was wondering which way to take that to make it for better server performance.

THANKS for the awesome script BTW, only other trouble i have seen is the AI Heli Patrols don't seem to be shooting anything, but all the other AI are

Hey i'm not sure if this has been said already or not but when i go up to loot one of the dead AI i crash to deaktop and get this in my server console kicked off by BattlEye: Corrupted Data #3

I got everything work perfectly, but no-1 wants to be in server where they spawn so many at same time and killing everyone in the cities like aimbots. no good..

I got everything work perfectly, but no-1 wants to be in server where they spawn so many at same time and killing everyone in the cities like aimbots. no good..

Well, adjust AI skills ? adjust spawnrate ?give them less powerful weapons ?

There are many things you can do to avoid the AI dominating your playerbase.

Got a question Sarge, for frequency calculations....which way should i take that number to increase server performance? HIGHER or LOWER?

We are experiencing a little bit of lag and was wondering which way to take that to make it for better server performance.

THANKS for the awesome script BTW, only other trouble i have seen is the AI Heli Patrols don't seem to be shooting anything, but all the other AI are

I would try to increase the time for frequency calculations, so they dont happen that often (its a sleeptime between calculations that you configure there). The overall active amount of groups / AIs has an impact as well, so have an eye on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back