SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can use SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf for simply controlling your static AI.

Keep in mind there's a new parameter to the function calls, the last one is if to respawn or not.

Did i understand your question right ? :)

you can use SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf for simply controlling your static AI.

Keep in mind there's a new parameter to the function calls, the last one is if to respawn or not.

Did i understand your question right ? :)

No sir, you didn't :p

Actually, I just don't think I made myself clear.. So you're saying that this stuff (below) is now redundant? Becuase I quite liked having the option of say having 4 bandit groups in Stary and just 1 in Cherno.. I guess I'll have to look at the static AI options..

Code:
//
// grid definition for the automatic spawn system
//

// Kamenka, 0 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,1,1],[79,100,100],[1,1,1]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

// Balota, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,1],[80,0,80],[1,0,1]],"SAR_area_1_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

// Cherno, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[3,1,2],[90,70,75],[1,1,1]],"SAR_area_2_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

lol nonononono, you need these if you use the dynamic grid system.

The above are GRID AI setups, those are being applied IF you switch on the dynamic grid spawning system,
so you can overwrite the default definitions.

Further down that file you see the static group definitions.

You want to use static for e.g. specific location protection / roaming / ambush whatever.

lol nonononono, you need these if you use the dynamic grid system.

The above are GRID AI setups, those are being applied IF you switch on the dynamic grid spawning system,
so you can overwrite the default definitions.

Further down that file you see the static group definitions.

You want to use static for e.g. specific location protection / roaming / ambush whatever.

So the default values for dynamic grid spawning settings, only apply when the sar_dynamic_spawning option is set to false? If that's right, then I am on the same page as you now.. :p

Code:
// -----------------------------------------------
// enable or disable dynamic grid spawning
SAR_dynamic_spawning = false;

// default values for dynamic grid spawning

// maximum number of groups / grid
SAR_max_grps_bandits = 2;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 1;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 1;

Think of installing this in my server, one quick question, can you make it so solider AIs (friendly to players) would shoot back at players that shoot at them?

Oh and is it possible to have a AI convoy that say on Taviana go round the main highway?

Think of installing this in my server, one quick question, can you make it so solider AIs (friendly to players) would shoot back at players that shoot at them?

Oh and is it possible to have a AI convoy that say on Taviana go round the main highway?

The soldier AI don't shoot at players unless you attack them first, or your humanity is below a predefined level (currently -2500, in the config file). As for the convoy, that's probably beyond what this can do as you'd need to set their waypoints and other tricky stuff ;)

So the default values for dynamic grid spawning settings, only apply when the sar_dynamic_spawning option is set to false? If that's right, then I am on the same page as you now.. :p

Code:
// enable or disable dynamic grid spawning
SAR_dynamic_spawning = false;

// default values for dynamic grid spawning

// maximum number of groups / grid
SAR_max_grps_bandits = 2;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 1;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 1;

Lol nope, seems we are reading a different book :)

IF you set SAR_dynamic_spawning to true, the default values that you posted are for grids that have no config entry in the chernarus_xxx config file.

IF you set SAR_dynamic_spawning to false, the above lines are not considered AS WELL as the lines at the start of the map config file, only the static spawns that you define in chernarus_xxx a bit further down are considered.

Got it ? ;-).

Soldier and Survivor AI that is being shot at is immediately firing back .-)

The convoy is out of scope for this framework - although, if i think about it, hmmmmm worth a try.

IF you define a helicopter patrol with a normal vehicle, they will only use roads, and travel to random waypoints im a defined area ... so if you define the area for the highway, it could work.

Might spend a bit more time on that in a future release.

Soldier and Survivor AI that is being shot at is immediately firing back .-)

The convoy is out of scope for this framework - although, if i think about it, hmmmmm worth a try.

IF you define a helicopter patrol with a normal vehicle, they will only use roads, and travel to random waypoints im a defined area ... so if you define the area for the highway, it could work.

Might spend a bit more time on that in a future release.

Ok thanks for the reply Sarge and Skater. A convoy feature would be really good, I came across this while looking online http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9975 But i have no experience in coding so i wouldn't know how to force it in, if you want someone to test convoys on taviana give me a shout :)

When I join my server it says "You were kicked of the game: Battleye Script Restriction #44" Well maybe the sentence isn't right but the number is correct. I was wondering if someone can send the line of code they use in there scripts.txt that doesnt kick #44. I looked in my script.log and do not understand anything within it

Heya Sarge,

My logs have been increasing in size lately.

Code:
21:55:24 "CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: B 1-1-A"
21:55:24 "CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: B 1-1-I"
21:55:24 "CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: B 1-1-F"
21:55:24 "CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: B 1-1-F"

Is this normal ? Are they are just cleaning up AIs after players leave a designated grid yea ?

I have like more than 10k lines of this in my .rpt log file. Should I be worried ?

B 1-1-A actually is the startgroup Dayz uses to spawn players in - and switches them after the loadout. So that one imo will be in there forever.

The other 2 are player groups, not AI groups - my AI uses side resistance and side east, not west (= the B in your groupnames).

Did you disable the vehicle fix ?

apparently, yes

Code:
// run fix for the issue that bandits cant travel in a vehicle with survivors EXPERIMENTAL, might not work 100% DO NOT ENABLE for the time being
SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = false;

What could be wrong ?

- Could higher % of unit spawning increase the load and the number of logs ?

Lol nope, seems we are reading a different book :)

IF you set SAR_dynamic_spawning to true, the default values that you posted are for grids that have no config entry in the chernarus_xxx config file.

IF you set SAR_dynamic_spawning to false, the above lines are not considered AS WELL as the lines at the start of the map config file, only the static spawns that you define in chernarus_xxx a bit further down are considered.

Got it ? ;-).

So if I just set it to TRUE, then everything in my chernarus_xxx config file will work, just as it did before the update. Sorry mate, think I just got confused with that additional code you added for populating grids not defined in the chernarus_xxx config..

Some guys made a video while playing on my server this weekend during my "Silent Hill Theme".. There's loads of bits where they get pinned down by your AI's.. They can't get enough of it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back