SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh right fair enough. was contemplating for lingor to have at least one chopper that covered the entire island, as some people do that hunting for crashes etc.

i'll play about with the faction choppers, spawn two near each other in a small rectangle, see what chaos ensues :)

@Richie if i don't set it, will it just randomly fly in that rectangle? also do survivor and bandit choppers fire on each other? if i spawned two in the same rectangular area, would they fight on seeing each other, or only engage ground units?

They do shoot each other. i saw some pretty decent firefight :)

just testing on lingor and used this:

Code:
 _this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_prison", [2981.9072,8077.3325]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [1500, 1500];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison = _this;

[SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison,3] call SAR_AI_heli;

was made sure i was stood very near as i loaded in, it took off, exploded mid air. yet i've changed the server_cleanup and the rpt had no mention of hacker kill, all it had was this (which i believe you said to ignore if the choppers are spawning:

Code:
23:10:47 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
23:10:47 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
23:10:47  Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
23:10:47  Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
23:10:47 File mpmissions\dayz_1.lingor\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 115
23:10:47 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man3heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
23:10:47  Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
23:10:47  Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
23:10:47 File mpmissions\dayz_1.lingor\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 122
23:10:47 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"

I have a Lingor server where this script is working just fine. Today I started a Cherno server and all of a sudden, after installing this, zedz aren't spawning. Is this a know issue? Is there a fix somewhere in the 14 pages of replies?

Code:
// Khelm, 9 bandit groups, 2 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,1],[75,0,75],[3,4,3]],"SAR_area_5_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

and i cant find the 9 bandits.....

They do shoot each other. i saw some pretty decent firefight :)

I hate to ask this, but can anyone give me a hint where to look to change what faction a heli patrol is on? I am not sure how to add in bandit heli patrols, and possibly a survivor patrol. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated.

I hate to ask this, but can anyone give me a hint where to look to change what faction a heli patrol is on? I am not sure how to add in bandit heli patrols, and possibly a survivor patrol. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated.
ye man in your grps map file

Code:
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_eastcoast,1] call SAR_AI_heli;

1 = military
2= survivor
3=bandit

i notice that my script log can get over 150 mb on a server whit +-40 people on it
this spams the most on it
} else {

if(isPlayer _x) then {
_humanity= "
10.03.2013 22:49:27: Playername (ipandport) guid - #5 "ing (trace_entities - vehicle) for player: %1", _x];
};
_x addrating -10000;
};
};

} else {

Any way to give ppl -humanity if the shoot suvivor/soldier ai ?

This is something I was wondering about.

Other than that this works great, when the server is lower pop this makes it seem more alive. Thanks alot for this sarge I am loving the challenge of being a bandit with this running :)

i notice that my script log can get over 150 mb on a server whit +-40 people on it
this spams the most on it
} else {

if(isPlayer _x) then {
_humanity= "
10.03.2013 22:49:27: Playername (ipandport) guid - #5 "ing (trace_entities - vehicle) for player: %1", _x];
};
_x addrating -10000;
};
};

} else {

Adjust the corresponding line in your scripts.txt, add an exclusion for the above and you are set.

This is something I was wondering about.

Other than that this works great, when the server is lower pop this makes it seem more alive. Thanks alot for this sarge I am loving the challenge of being a bandit with this running :)

Its being tested at the moment, will be available later on today. this will include configurable values for shooting survivor/soldier/bandit AI.

Hey Sarge, I've attached my Lingor grps config, feel free to use. it's got spawns for all grids (except those with water) and uses the updated grid file. AI population is relatively low, but people are free to change that.
There are also 5 chopper patrols, around the prison, fob eddie, maruko airport, calamar (all bandit choppers) and one survivor chopper that patrols most of the map by itself.
Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grps_lingor.sqf
    11.1 KB · Views: 12
One change I did make, to make it a little more interesting, is add a couple of the survivor skins to the bandit group skin list. because lets face it, not every survivor you see is going to be friendly, and every bandit has to start somewhere.
this way you can't just zoom in, see a bandit skin and do something, you might be firing on normal survivors.
also means again if you see a chopper, you can't guarantee its friendly by looking at who is piloting it :)

i placed 9 bandit groups in khelm i seen none

Code:
// Khelm, 9 bandit groups, 2 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,1],[75,0,75],[3,4,3]],"SAR_area_5_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

also why wont my aid respawn, ive been and out of the grid many times still no dice, and im talking heli patrol respawning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back