SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
no mate i dont get the errors when i install it by itself, ill quickly upload the debug and fuel script alone to make sure its not them causeing it!
just comment out the 3 lines that start my mod, leave the rest as is.

Sarge my good man i apologize for wasting your time, your script isent giving me errors its either my debug or refuel script!

>.<

Thank you for the quick reply's any ways mate!

Great! Thanks Sarge!

Brilliant framework - I didn't realise about all those config options! Excellent!

Quick question, where it says

//Frequency for doing calculations for each squad.
KRON_UPS_Cycle = 20; //org 20 , try to adjust for server performance

Is that one that shouldn't be configured, or is it okay to play with it? - Is that // comment there as a recommendation?

So, if we increased that to 30, would that be better for slower servers? (is the frequency measured in seconds?)

Cheers Sarge! - Posted in your new 'sub section' thread, and gave a thumbs up.

Hi Mike,

my latest version (1.1.0, which is the one on github) include AI skill settings. You don't need ASR_AI anymore if you want to tune your skills. I ran it here, and had some issues (mainly it spamming the rpt with some "muzzle" errors".

Check out the SAR_config.sqf file, there's a big section for the skill definition.

Example:

Code:
// Leader
SAR_leader_sold_skills = [

["aimingAccuracy",0.35, 0.10], // skilltype, <min value>, <random value added to min>;
    ["aimingShake",  0.35, 0.10],
    ["aimingSpeed",  0.80, 0.20],
    ["spotDistance",  0.70, 0.30],
    ["spotTime",      0.65, 0.20],
    ["endurance",    0.80, 0.20],
    ["courage",      0.80, 0.20],
    ["reloadSpeed",  0.80, 0.20],
    ["commanding",    0.80, 0.20],
    ["general",      0.80, 0.20]

];

cheers, Sarge

Great! Thanks Sarge!

Brilliant framework - I didn't realise about all those config options! Excellent!

Quick question, where it says

//Frequency for doing calculations for each squad.
KRON_UPS_Cycle = 20; //org 20 , try to adjust for server performance

Is that one that shouldn't be configured, or is it okay to play with it? - Is that // comment there as a recommendation?

So, if we increased that to 30, would that be better for slower servers? (is the frequency measured in seconds?)

Cheers Sarge! - Posted in your new 'sub section' thread, and gave a thumbs up.

Thx for the flowers :)

The above parameter actually is a sleeptime within UPSMON, means how long the game waits before doing another calculation for an AI group. If you reduce that, you might see a more accurate / timely behaviour of the AI. If you increase it, the calculations are run less often.

Play around with it, see how it impacts your server's performance.

cheers, Sarge

Hi guys,

first I want to thank you Sarge for this awesome work, it works great and the AI is sometimes really badass. But for our server I need to change the script more to the style of ""Sector B"". I build a wall around the North West Airfield "NWAF @ CHERNO" and but some Mil Objects there. I made some holes so players can get in. The setting works perfectly and is a part of our scenario called ""The last Stand"" where the last civilians and soldiers build a save place to survive and fight against any invader or unknown. I need the AI to protect/guard the NWAF at ground and from air. I tried to change some settings in SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf and shut down the patrols by change the code to

"" _check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0]],"SAR_area_5_3"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; ""
If anyone knows what I need to change so that the AI ​​does exactly that, I mean defend the airfield without Zeds there, I would be the happiest man in DAYZ history.
I am grateful for any help, and wish you all - have a nice day Best regards from Austria

Hello Sarge,

I am having a little trouble getting the Heli Patrols to work, they never show up ingame, they get automatically destroyed when spawning...

I have followed step by step the Readme file on Github to fix the "KILLED A HACKER" thing in the rpt.log but still no success with the Heli's.

Is there a special place to paste the "server_cleanup.fsm" file ? Mine is currently in this directory
(E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus)

and a second one (to see if it could work) in :
(E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus\Server_FSM)

Attaching my "server_cleanup.fsm" and "rpt.log" file

Here we go, hopefully someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong ?

PS : Server is running under DayZCC

Attachments

• server_cleanup.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 1
  • rpt.log.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
Uploaded the fix to github, didn't want you all to wait for the full next release.

Download & exchange 2 files: SAR_vehicle_fix.sqf and SAR_functions.sqf,

and set

SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = true;

in your SAR_config.sqf file.

cheers, Sarge

Thank you Sarge! you are brilliant!

Hello Sarge,

I am having a little trouble getting the Heli Patrols to work, they never show up ingame, they get automatically destroyed when spawning...

I have followed step by step the Readme file on Github to fix the "KILLED A HACKER" thing in the rpt.log but still no success with the Heli's.

Is there a special place to paste the "server_cleanup.fsm" file ? Mine is currently in this directory
(E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus)

and a second one (to see if it could work) in :
(E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus\Server_FSM)

Attaching my "server_cleanup.fsm" and "rpt.log" file

Here we go, hopefully someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong ?

PS : Server is running under DayZCC

download the server.pbo from your server. You are working in local copies, this has no effect.

Hi guys,

first I want to thank you Sarge for this awesome work, it works great and the AI is sometimes really badass. But for our server I need to change the script more to the style of ""Sector B"". I build a wall around the North West Airfield "NWAF @ CHERNO" and but some Mil Objects there. I made some holes so players can get in. The setting works perfectly and is a part of our scenario called ""The last Stand"" where the last civilians and soldiers build a save place to survive and fight against any invader or unknown. I need the AI to protect/guard the NWAF at ground and from air. I tried to change some settings in SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf and shut down the patrols by change the code to

"" _check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0]],"SAR_area_5_3"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; ""
If anyone knows what I need to change so that the AI ​​does exactly that, I mean defend the airfield without Zeds there, I would be the happiest man in DAYZ history.
I am grateful for any help, and wish you all - have a nice day Best regards from Austria

I would choose a different approach:

a) Disable dynamic AI spawning (in SAR_config.sqf)
b) define the area at NWAF as a marker area (use my example, maybe extend it a bit to cover your walls
c) setup static AI patrols to patrol within that area.
d) if you want specific spots at the NWAF protected, define them as seperate areas (so e.g. you could have a areas for the gates, areas for the control tower, etc. spawn static AI with the action "fortify" in those.
e) having a wall, define long thin areas inside of these walls for the AI to patrol.
f) spawn static AI in there with the "patrol" action.

profit ;-)

cheers, Sarge

English is not very good:(

Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols. Only spawning once?

Destroyed not refresh

How do you define them ?

[SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli;

? With the last parameter being true, they should respawn.

Sarge

Has anyone actually gotten the AI to enter a building and take up positions with fortify?

I tried this with the stairs outside the large tower and the stairs by the wall in Devil's Castle, but it appears they just setup on the ground around it. Each "building" has 6 AI slots to fill.

################

btw: you can use this mission module to get an accurate count of AI positions for each building: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11288

In order to use it, you do need to d/l dayz 1.7.3 in order to access the ingame mission editor. But I don't think Chernarus has changed at all since that version of dayz.​

download the server.pbo from your server. You are working in local copies, this has no effect.

Thanks for helping me out even if i have no clue how to download the server.pbo :p
How do you do that on a DayzCC server ?

But anyway do not worry about me i found a way to fix it (actually found the "dayz_server.pbo" a few minutes before your reply, saw the "server_cleanup.fsm" inside it and knew that was the one i had to edit ><

But could you still tell me how to download it like you do it ?

Is it possible for me to, either have the npc's as guards, in my base or just not spawn them in my base because everytime i spawn i fucking die...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back