SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarge I just got this system set up and running on our server. Overall it works quite well, and for sure adds the spice of life to a new server. My question is this.... What is causing the Survivor AI to attack me, and/or my parked vehicle.
This only happens at greater view range, other wise I can stand right beside them and they ignore me like they should. Once there is 30-40 meters between us they start blasting away at me. I'm going to look into the AI adjustments after posting lol.. go figger.. Side note; this only seems to happen after I have recently interacted with, or exited my vehicle.

Thanks mate and great job getting this tweaked out.

I have noticed that other players are often red or grey to me when they are in their car, maybe its the cars themselves??
I'm gonna tweak on it some this AM while I search for a good Tow/Lift script to toss on the server.

Sir yes Sir.. Maybe since I am very new to Dayz I should go back and take another look at my handi-work lol.. I assume you mean the one that was in for the AI sys and not a different script for the towing.
Sorry its early for me lol.. I like to crash our server first thing each morning.

Iv got this working perfect how i want it the only issue iv got which im struggling with, im looking to add some custom static ai's but im not sure how to get grid references.

eg

// soutcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_soutcoast", [7997.2837, 2687.6707]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [6500, 1200];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast = _this;

how do i work out the bit in red?

iv stood at a place and in tsw i see grid numbers but mine are shorter than that, can i just use them or is there a tool to find these out?

Dickie

There is a converter tool online, if your server tools don't already have those numbers. I havent looked into giving marker sets yet so not sure if you not having the first and last set of numbers really matters of not. They are Direction and Elevation.. When in doubt I just toss in a zero front and back. I'm sure someone who actually has experience can be of more help tho.. lol

Sorry the tool is Arma2/coordinate converter

I have installed this mod, but I haven't seen any AI yet. I just left everything the way it was because I thought there were "default" locations?

I didnt add any locations... The red spawns are not many since the server has only been up since Easter, but they are there for sure. Mine didnt work right off either tho, I had to tweak it a little. Try going into the file and setting enable to 1 rather than 0... this will give you the chance to verify that they are there without hunting for them. Once you know its working and get it tested out, set it back to 0 since anyone who logs into your server can also see where they are.

I say not really because I have no server population and I assume that the bandits spawn groups based on the number of players in game. I could be wrong here though lol.

Sarge I have a question about static AI spawns. I currently am trying to spawn static AI at a base I created and they don't show up. Here is my file with the codes, if you can please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf
    11.2 KB · Views: 13
Sarge I have a question about static AI spawns. I currently am trying to spawn static AI at a base I created and they don't show up. Here is my file with the codes, if you can please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

You are using a name for your marker that you shouldn't. SAR_area is a reserved term for my logic. Also the coordinates need to be x,y like this:

Use:

Code:
// Admin Fort
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_castle", [6163.18,4144.41]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [100, 100];
_this setMarkerDir 120.050;
SAR_marker_castle = _this;

In the spawn section, you refer to a non existent area, and there's a typo (looks like a unprintable char to me at the end of the first "true". Change that to:

Code:
//Admin Base Protection
[SAR_marker_castle,1,4,10,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

[SAR_marker_castle,1,1,3,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

That will give you 2 military groups in your castle.

cheers, Sarge

I have installed this mod, but I haven't seen any AI yet. I just left everything the way it was because I thought there were "default" locations?

There should be. If the dynamic grid system is enabled, you will get spawns when a player enters a grid.

Try to set KRON_UPS_DEBUG to 1 and see if you see the AI's waypoints on the map.

If not, check your rpt for errors.

cheers, Sarge

Iv got this working perfect how i want it the only issue iv got which im struggling with, im looking to add some custom static ai's but im not sure how to get grid references.

eg

// soutcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_soutcoast", [7997.2837, 2687.6707]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [6500, 1200];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast = _this;

how do i work out the bit in red?

iv stood at a place and in tsw i see grid numbers but mine are shorter than that, can i just use them or is there a tool to find these out?

Dickie

The red numbers are x and y coordinates, in a decimal notation. You can get these numbers either via logging out at the place you need and checking your db for it, or by running the Arma editor and placing something there, saving as a test mission and getting those coords form your sqm.

I consider implementing a "configuration" mode for the framework, where you can generate those areas ingame.

cheers, Sarge

Alright, I turned it to 1 and it seems that they were there. Thanks, I have turned it off now and hopefully they'll still appear without it on.

You are using a name for your marker that you shouldn't. SAR_area is a reserved term for my logic. Also the coordinates need to be x,y like this:

Use:

Code:
// Admin Fort
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_castle", [6163.18,4144.41]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [100, 100];
SAR_marker_castle = _this;

In the spawn section, you refer to a non existent area, and there's a typo (looks like a unprintable char to me at the end of the first "true". Change that to:

Code:
//Admin Base Protection
[SAR_marker_castle,1,4,10,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

[SAR_marker_castle,1,1,3,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

That will give you 2 military groups in your castle.

cheers, Sarge

Thank you for your time Sarge, I will give an update when I get to plug in the correct code.

Edit - Works like a charm, thank you Sarge for you help and time. Great work!

Let me first say that this framework is amazing, and i'm loving the addition to our server. I'm still paying arround with all the settings, but so far it's been amazing.
We seem to run into the aforementioned issue where the survivor/soldier npc shoot at our heli when we fly over, but after landing and checking them out, they ignore us.
Now i'm trying to spawn some static AI and they spawned fine, but they seem to spawn in a random location at 100/200m arround the coordinates I set them to. Is there any way i can let them spawn at the exact coords, or atleast a few meters from the coords?

this is the code i used to spawn them:
// Base test ai
_this = createMarker ["SAR_area_admin", [551.21, 4599.79, 0.001]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [200, 200];
SAR_marker_basetest = _this;

//Base test ai
[SAR_marker_basetest,1,0,1,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

Let me first say that this framework is amazing, and i'm loving the addition to our server. I'm still paying arround with all the settings, but so far it's been amazing.
We seem to run into the aforementioned issue where the survivor/soldier npc shoot at our heli when we fly over, but after landing and checking them out, they ignore us.
Now i'm trying to spawn some static AI and they spawned fine, but they seem to spawn in a random location at 100/200m arround the coordinates I set them to. Is there any way i can let them spawn at the exact coords, or atleast a few meters from the coords?

this is the code i used to spawn them:

Im guessing and by no means take my advice, but im thinking "_this setMarkerSize [200, 200];" would have something to do with it.

Im guessing and by no means take my advice, but im thinking "_this setMarkerSize [200, 200];" would have something to do with it.

Sadly my brain fails me from time to time. This seems to be the right line. changed it to "_this setMarkerSize [1, 1];" and they seem to spawn where I want now.

Thanks! :)

Sadly my brain fails me from time to time. This seems to be the right line. changed it to "_this setMarkerSize [1, 1];" and they seem to spawn where I want now.

Thanks! :)

they wont move much though .... 1,1 is a little bit low. IF you want them to occupy different positions in a building, i would increase these values to at least cover the building area.

Ok i rechecked and tested the AI not shooting at you when you disembark a vehicle.

Scenarios:

a)
Me as bandit, getting into a heli WITHOUT having been spotted by any AI.
Flew over a static military AI group - they did NOT shoot at me, which is correct behaviour.
Landed and got out, moved in their field of view - got insta shot.

b)
Me as bandit, getting into a heli WITH having been spotted by any AI previously.
Flew over a static military AI group - they did NOT shoot at me, which is correct behaviour.
Landed and got out, moved in their field of view - got insta shot.

Seems to work here ...

sarge

Hi Sarge! Awesome framework, must say. I ran into a couple problems so far, using the latest version:

1. grid definition for the automatic spawn system refuse to spawn bandit groups for me, even with 100% chance and 4 groups declared everywhere, Im not seeing any bandits there. Does it happen over time after the server restart?

2. AI are very keen on hijacking my parked choppers, any way to make groups completely ignore parked helis?

3. SAR_sniper_weapon_list = ["M16A4_ACG_GL","DMR","AK_107_GL_PSO"]; seems to prevent static groups from spawning, gives no script error message. Adding any fourth weapon in this string does create a script error (one you can see with -showScriptErrors )

check your server rpt for any errors please. AI spawn when you enter an area, check with KRON_UPS_DEBUG set to 1.

Helis are an issue, even if you disabled AI taking vehicles, in combat situations they will got for combat vehicles.

for the sniper list, same again, check the server rpt. adding anything there should not give any script errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back