SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, I did that, and they are not spawning...

from SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf:

_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,0],[100,0,0],[4,0,0]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

should spawn 2 bandit groups each max.4 people, with 100% probability right?

Well, it's not happening. MAybe I am using an outdated SAR_cfg_grid_chernarus? The one I have is from the most current version though...

damn, I checked, it seems it's from:
// SAR_AI - DayZ AI library
// Version: 1.0.0

weird, I took it from github, maybe that's what is wrong?

nah, that didnt change in a while ... the above line is correct, and applies to the 0/0 grid, so bottom left.

Do you see any groupmarkers for ANY dynamic groups on your ingame map ?

post your SAR_config then i can have a look.

oh shit, I am an idiot?

SAR_dynamic_spawning was set to false as I expected it to only apply to groups randomly generated in player's proximity, not groups declared as fixed spawns in SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf

Still, there were some blue markers on the map, I think those were the separately defined debug / helipatrol / whatnot custom groups independant of SAR_dynamic_spawning.

Sorry for being a dummie ;<

The confusion comes from the fact that the grps_cfg file is used to define dynamic AND static spawns.

The first part is the definition of the dynamic grids, which spawns in AI when a player is in that grid. The second part handles static heli and infantry AI, which are always there, regardless if a player is near.

sarge

so the values in

// -----------------------------------------------
// default values for dynamic grid spawning

are overwritten when the detailed grid spawning system from SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus is in use?

btw. I'd love to see a message system on the sidechat where every player can see who killed what AI- or have I missed it and it's there already?

Also, thank you very much, Sarge, for your prompt and informative responses! I apreciate.

guys im trying to get this to run on my server which is running panthera, ive followed everything and still cant get it to work i must be missing something i want roaming patrols over the map and a few static ambushes can any1 help me get this configured properly???

i cant attach my pbo as this says its too large , i can give you a dropbox link to my mission pbo, i have dont quite a lot already on my server so im not a total noob at this but i cant figure out whats wrong.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1apiqb4dewk7hb/Panthera_Mission.pbo
cheers in advance LoCK0N

so the values in

// default values for dynamic grid spawning

are overwritten when the detailed grid spawning system from SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus is in use?

correct. otherwise all grids would have the same AI loadout.

I decided to try out the surrender option. I changed the chance of surrender to 5%. After that, I started coming across AI's standing in places, surrendered. I saw a group of two surrender without any indication they were being fired upon. For a moment, I thought they might have been French troops.

I decided to try out the surrender option. I changed the chance of surrender to 5%. After that, I started coming across AI's standing in places, surrendered. I saw a group of two surrender without any indication they were being fired upon. For a moment, I thought they might have been French troops.

Lol, dont use that. it's not going to work with my framework :)

btw. I'd love to see a message system on the sidechat where every player can see who killed what AI- or have I missed it and it's there already?

Also, thank you very much, Sarge, for your prompt and informative responses! I apreciate.

It's not there and i dont intend to implement it. This clutters up the sidechat far too much, and has no real value in the longterm.

Hi Sarge,

Thanks for the help the other day, I was wondering if you could let me know the limitations of giving gear to the AI, is there a limit on how many weapons you can specify for them to be able to spawn with? can you add more loot into their bags?

Thanks!

Hi Sarge,

Thanks for the help the other day, I was wondering if you could let me know the limitations of giving gear to the AI, is there a limit on how many weapons you can specify for them to be able to spawn with? can you add more loot into their bags?

Thanks!

Have a look at the config file. weapons are choosen randomly from the weapons lists. You can add as many as you want to that list, only ONE will be passed to the unit.

items and tools are a different thing, you can have as many as they can carry.

OK, I thanks Sarge, I made some changes to the attached SAR_config and AI stopped spawning, can you please let me know what I did to break it? Also I run my server on beefy dedicated hardware, could you suggest what the max settings I could run to get the most realistic AI?

Attachments

• SAR_config.sqf
    14.9 KB · Views: 5
OK, I thanks Sarge, I made some changes to the attached SAR_config and AI stopped spawning, can you please let me know what I did to break it? Also I run my server on beefy dedicated hardware, could you suggest what the max settings I could run to get the most realistic AI?

Hey stubbs, looking over your config file you seem to be missing a couple brackets and commas

check line 372 and line 380

at the end of those you need to add the bracket and in between each item you need a comma

for example line 372 the way you had it
Code:
SAR_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60]]["ItemBloodbag",30]["ItemMorphine",40];

should look like
Code:
SAR_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemBloodbag",30],["ItemMorphine",40]];

you actually had the extra bracket but it was in the middle, do the same with line 380, and i think you should be good

Hi Sarge, Amazing work,

I was wondering if you can help me with an error i found in the RPT log, everything seems to be working on the server, still testing at the minute, however i would like to clear this error if possible.

Error:

Code:
18:24:58 Error in expression <nipers}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
_this = _group createunit [_sniperlist call BIS_fnc_sel>
18:24:58 Error position: <createunit [_sniperlist call BIS_fnc_sel>
18:24:58 Error Type Any, expected String
18:24:58 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol.sqf, line 142
{
18:24:58 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol.sqf, line 142
{
18:24:58 Error in expression <flemen}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
_this = _group createunit [_riflemenlist call BIS_fnc_s>
18:24:58 Error position: <createunit [_riflemenlist call BIS_fnc_s>
18:24:58 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol.sqf, line 159
18:25:05 "3: Under fire by unkown target, moving to newpos"

And this is the segment from the addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol.sqf file
Code:
for [{_i=0}, {_i < _snipers}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
    _this = _group createunit [_sniperlist call BIS_fnc_selectRandom, [(_rndpos select 0) - 30, _rndpos select 1, 0], [], 0.5, "FORM"];

[_this,_sniper_weapon_names,_sniper_items,_sniper_tools] call SAR_unit_loadout;

_this setVehicleInit "null = [this] execVM 'addons\SARGE\SAR_trace_entities.sqf';this setIdentity 'id_SAR';";
    _this addMPEventHandler ["MPkilled", {Null = _this execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_aikilled.sqf";}];
    _this addMPEventHandler ["MPHit", {Null = _this execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_aihit.sqf";}];
    [_this] joinSilent _group;
    // set skills
    {
        _this setskill [_x select 0,(_x select 1 +(floor(random 2) * (_x select 2)))];
    } foreach _sniperskills;

};

for [{_i=0}, {_i < _riflemen}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
    _this = _group createunit [_riflemenlist call BIS_fnc_selectRandom, [(_rndpos select 0) + 30, _rndpos select 1, 0], [], 0.5, "FORM"];

[_this,_soldier_weapon_names,_soldier_items,_soldier_tools] call SAR_unit_loadout;

_this setVehicleInit "null = [this] execVM 'addons\SARGE\SAR_trace_entities.sqf';this setIdentity 'id_SAR_sold_man';";   
    _this addMPEventHandler ["MPkilled", {Null = _this execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_aikilled.sqf";}];
    _this addMPEventHandler ["MPHit", {Null = _this execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_aihit.sqf";}];   
    [_this] joinSilent _group;

// set skills
    {
        _this setskill [_x select 0,(_x select 1 +(floor(random 2) * (_x select 2)))];
    } foreach _riflemanskills;

};

Thanks again for the release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back