Sarge AI Protecting Heli Crash Sites

IIIXJokerXIII

I've read all of the Sarge AI forums and help stuff I can find. Unless I've missed something I just can't find how to make the
"Sarge AI spawn in and guard the heli crash sites"

To better understand what I want is to have the AI spawn at heli crash sites and protect it kind of like the way fortify works. I've read where others have tried to get this to work but none of that stuff is working for me.

If anyone knows how or there is a link I've missed some where can you please post it.

Quick note to Sarge, I love the AI it has made our server so much fun and I can't find a place to donate to you for all the great work. I would be happy to donate if you will post me a link or pm me :)

Thanks All,
IIIXJokerXIII

i did this on my server. Simple .. I didn't use Sarges AI, simply spawned in standard AI.
If you want them to use the UPSMON features like sarges AI use the setvariable upsmon on the leader of the AI. But since they are not supposed to move from the crashsite or request reinforcements or respawn, UPSMON is not beneficial. Check the UPSMON code or sarges setup AI patrol code to see how that is done. (I can post it later if needed) Speaking of leader, you would have to use an if block to make the first unit the leader only, although if you didn't, probably the last unit to be made would be leader and the rest wouldn't ... I don't know for sure.

Right after the line that says
diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: Crash completed! Wreck at: %2 - Runtime: %1 Seconds || Distance from calculated POC: %3 meters", round(_endTime), str(getPos _crash), round(_position distance _crash)]);

Paste this code. You can put it in a loop block for X number of ai to spawn, create random weapons or skill. You can remove the setskill parts if you don't want to set them spefically. You do have to ensure that the _pos refers to your crashsite position (some crashsite codes might use _position or _crashsite or something else) Check the code just above and see what variable is used to place the loot piles.

Code:
    _group_1 = createGroup east;
                    _aiunit = objNull;
                    _unitPos = [_pos, ((random 4)+3), random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
                    _aiunit= _group_1 createUnit ["Soldier1_DZ", _unitPos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_aiunit setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];
                    _aiunit setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
                      if (true) then {_group_1 selectLeader _aiunit;};
                      _aiunit enableAI "TARGET";
                    _aiunit enableAI "AUTOTARGET";
                    _aiunit enableAI "MOVE";
                    _aiunit enableAI "ANIM";
                    _aiunit enableAI "FSM";
                    _aiunit allowDammage true;
                    _aiunit setCombatMode "RED";
                    _aiunit setBehaviour "COMBAT";

//clear default weapons / ammo
                    removeAllWeapons _aiunit;

_aiwep = "AK_74";
                    _aiammo = "30Rnd_545x39_AK";
                    _aiunit addweapon _aiwep;
                    _aiunit addMagazine _aiammo;

//set skills
                    _aiunit setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",.5];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["aimingShake",.7];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["aimingSpeed",.8];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["endurance",1];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["spotDistance",1];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["spotTime",1];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["courage",1];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["reloadSpeed",1];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["commanding",1];
                    _aiunit setSkill ["general",1];

I am on my way to work right now, I can post a complete script later if you need

Last edited:
Below is a clean untouched version of the server_spawnCrashSite.sqf I have for my server as you can see some of that stuff is commented out so I'm not sure where your code would go in here. Again thanks for all the help and your reply.

Code:
private ["_guaranteedLoot","_randomizedLoot","_spawnOnStart","_frequency","_variance","_spawnChance","_spawnMarker","_spawnRadius","_spawnFire","_fadeFire","_timeAdjust","_timeToSpawn","_crashModel","_lootTable","_crashName","_debugarea","_crash","_width","_length","_position","_y","_crashAngle","_itemTypes","_index","_weights","_cntWeights","_itemType","_lootpos","_angle","_radius","_item","_clutter","_config","_newHeight"];

_guaranteedLoot = _this select 0;
_randomizedLoot = _this select 1;
_spawnOnStart = _this select 2;
_frequency = _this select 3;
_variance = _this select 4;
_spawnChance = _this select 5;
_spawnMarker = _this select 6;
_spawnRadius = _this select 7;
_spawnFire = _this select 8;
_fadeFire = _this select 9;

diag_log("CRASHSPAWNER: Starting spawn logic for Crash Spawner");

while {true} do {
    // Allows the variance to act as +/- from the spawn frequency timer
    _timeAdjust = ((round(random(_variance * 2))) - _variance);
    _timeToSpawn = time + _frequency + _timeAdjust;

//Selecting random crash type
    _crashModel = ["UH1Wreck_DZ","Mi8Wreck_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

//selecting loottable
    if (_crashModel == "Mi8Wreck_DZ") then {
        _lootTable = "HeliCrashEAST";
    } else {
        _lootTable = "HeliCrashWEST";
    };

_crashName = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _crashModel >> "displayName");

//diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: %1%2 chance to spawn '%3' with loot table '%4' at %5", round(_spawnChance * 100), '%', _crashName, _lootTable, _timeToSpawn]);

// Apprehensive about using one giant long sleep here given server time variances over the life of the server daemon
    while {(_spawnOnStart <= 0) AND {(time < _timeToSpawn)}} do {
        sleep (_frequency / 4);
    };

// Percentage roll
    if (random 1 <= _spawnChance) then {
        _debugarea = getMarkerPos "respawn_west";
        _crash = _crashModel createVehicleLocal _debugarea;
        sleep 0.01;
        _width = ((boundingBox _crash) select 0) select 0;
        _length = ((boundingBox _crash) select 0) select 1;

_position = _debugarea;
        for "_y" from 1 to 10 do {
            _position = [getMarkerPos _spawnMarker,0,_spawnRadius,_length,0,_length*.2,0, [], [_debugarea,_debugarea]] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
            switch (true) do {
                case (count _position < 2) : {};
                case (_position distance _debugarea < 1) : { _position = []; };
                case (count nearestObjects [_position, [],  _length*2] > 0) : { _position = []; };
                default {   
                    deleteVehicle _crash;
                    _position set [2,0];
                    _crash = _crashModel createVehicleLocal _position;
                    sleep 0.001;
                    _position = getPosATL _crash;
                    _y = 11; //break;
                };
            };
        };

deleteVehicle _crash; // delete local vehicle used for get width and length

if (count _position >= 2) then {
            diag_log format["CRASHSPAWNER: Spawning '%1' with loot table '%2' at %3", _crashName, _lootTable, str(_position)];

_position set [2,0];
            _crash = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"]; // used to get modelToWorld
            _crashAngle = random 360;
            _crash setDir _crashAngle;
            _crash setPos _position;

for "_x" from ((round(random _randomizedLoot)) + _guaranteedLoot) to 1 step -1  do {
                //create loot
                _itemTypes = [] + getArray (configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> _lootTable >> "lootType");
                _CBLBase = dayz_CBLBase find _lootTable;
                _weights = dayz_CBLChances select _CBLBase;
                _cntWeights = count _weights;
                _index1 = floor(random _cntWeights);
                _index2 = _weights select _index1;
                _itemType = _itemTypes select _index2;

_lootpos = [];
                for [{_y = 0}, {_y < 10 && ((count _lootpos) == 0)}, {_y = _y + 1}] do {
                    _angle = random 360;
                    _radius = 0.9 + random 0.6;
                    _lootpos = _crash modelToWorld [_radius*_width*sin(_angle), _radius*_length*cos(_angle), 0];
                    _lootpos = _lootpos findEmptyPosition [0,_length/3, "WeaponHolder"];
                };

if ((count _lootpos) >= 2) then {
                    _lootpos set [2,0];
                    _item = [_itemType select 0, _itemType select 1, _lootpos, 1] call spawn_loot;
                    _item setVariable ["permaLoot",true];

switch true do {
                        case (dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter == 1): { // shift loot upward to 5cm
                            _lootpos set [2,0.05];
                            _item setPosATL _lootpos;
                        };
                        case (dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter == 2): { // cutterclutter
                            _clutter = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _lootpos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
                            _clutter setPos _lootpos;
                        };
                        case (dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter == 3): { // shift loot upward to 5cm
                            createVehicle ["Sign_sphere100cm_EP1", [_lootpos select 0, _lootpos select 1, 0.30], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
                        };
                     };

//diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '%1 - %3' with loot table '%2'", _crashName, str(_itemType),_lootpos]);
                    sleep 0.001;
                };
            }; // loot loop

_crash = createVehicle [_crashModel,_position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
            _crash setDir _crashAngle;

// Using "custom" wrecks (using the destruction model of a vehicle vs. a prepared wreck model) will result
            // in the model spawning halfway in the ground.  To combat this, an OPTIONAL configuration can be tied to
            // the CfgVehicles class you've created for the custom wreck to define how high above the ground it should
            // spawn.  This is optional.
            _config = configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _crashModel >> "heightAdjustment";
            _newHeight = 0;
            if ( isNumber(_config)) then {
                _newHeight = getNumber(_config);
            };

// Must setPos after a setDir otherwise the wreck won't level itself with the terrain
            _crash setPos [(_position select 0), (_position select 1), _newHeight];

// I don't think this is needed (you can't get "in" a crash), but it was in the original DayZ Crash logic
            dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor,_crash];
            _crash setVariable ["ObjectID",1,true];

if (_spawnFire) then {
                PVDZ_obj_Fire = [_crash,2,time,false,_fadeFire];
                publicVariable "PVDZ_obj_Fire";
                _crash setvariable ["fadeFire",_fadeFire,true];
            };
            _spawnOnStart = _spawnOnStart -1;
        };
    };
};

I would place it right below
}; // loot loop

And you can use _position as your location variable. I put mine into the animated crashsites but it should work the same
here is an untested bit of code, but it looks like it should work. Set the for _i from 0 to 3 for how many AI you want (0 to 3 is 4).

I changed the code to provide for random weapons. You can add more or change the type of ["weapon","ammo"] just by inserting more items into the array.

As always, it looks like it should work but it won't ... there will be SOMETHING wrong that will need to be worked out :rolleyes:

Code:
_aigroup = createGroup east;
for "_i" from 0 to 3 do
{
_aiunit = objNull;
_unitPos = [_position, ((random 4)+3), random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
_aiunit= _aigroup createUnit ["US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", _unitPos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_aiunit setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];
_aiunit setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (_i == 0) then {
       _group_1 selectLeader _aiunit;
     };
_aiunit enableAI "TARGET";
_aiunit enableAI "AUTOTARGET";
_aiunit enableAI "MOVE";
_aiunit enableAI "ANIM";
_aiunit enableAI "FSM";
_aiunit allowDammage true;
_aiunit setCombatMode "RED";
_aiunit setBehaviour "COMBAT";

//clear default weapons / ammo
removeAllWeapons _aiunit;
_aiwep = [["ak_74","30Rnd_545x39_AK"],["m16a4","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"]] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_aiunit addweapon _aiwep select 0;
_aiunit addMagazine _aiwep select 1;
_aiunit addMagazine _aiwep select 1;
};

Without waypoints or UPSMON, they should stay right at the crashsite. And with combat mode RED, they will probably be laying down so they are not easy to spot.

What I did was wrap the entire ai code into an if block so not every crashsite had protection .. leave a bit of suspense. And if your mod permits, if you put in an RPG or some other type of Anti-Air weapon as a random AI weapon, players will have to use caution when flying in too.
Code:
_chance = random 3;
if (_chance <1) then  {
     ai code
    };

Last edited:
Back