Script pack/All in one? What's new these days?

Minion187

So, it's been over a year since I lasted ran a DayZ mod server and about as long since I played the game regularly. What mod attracts the most new players to new servers?

I was also hoping there's some kind of all-in-one script pack out there that I can just copy over to my server, edit a few things and hit the ground running with a bunch of features. I recall Joker having a pack like that for Pwnz0r's private server setup but I have no idea if it's been updated any or what. Probably asking for too much here but just hoping to avoid installing scripts one by one and re-learning all that stuff. Such a thing exist or am I just gonna have to suck it up?

I suggest you do it all yourself. It gives you an opportunity to make each script unique to your server, and gives you a greater chance of attracting a permanent fanbase by making your server different from any other. These packs and whatnot are great and all, but they make servers into clones of eachother and no one wants that.

I get your point, and honestly I agree. But I'm lazy lol. I'd rather get a script pack with a bunch of content that requires just some editing to make things work, and add new stuff as I come across it. Even if it was just a basics pack that knocked out a few of the scripts pretty much every server uses I'd be happy to not have to do it manually. If I can just shave off a half hour of staring at Notepad++, alt-tabbing back to opendayz, etc.

Suffice to say, I'll probably be doing everything myself just figured I'd post and cross my fingers :)

If you have any questions or are at an impasse on a script feel free to ask. Either pm me or post your question and someone will answer, everyone starts somewhere

I get your point, and honestly I agree. But I'm lazy lol. I'd rather get a script pack with a bunch of content that requires just some editing to make things work, and add new stuff as I come across it. Even if it was just a basics pack that knocked out a few of the scripts pretty much every server uses I'd be happy to not have to do it manually. If I can just shave off a half hour of staring at Notepad++, alt-tabbing back to opendayz, etc.

Suffice to say, I'll probably be doing everything myself just figured I'd post and cross my fingers :)
check my sig for a epoch repack :) but MattL is 100% correct you need to be unique, the repack is a starting point and is pretty well organised, and very customisable

Thanks for your post FallingSheep, exactly what I was looking for. Guess I'll be going Epoch with the new server.

I agree with you guys about being unique and trying to stand out from the crowd since there's so many servers with the same features. I'll probably add in some custom missions, ton of custom buildings and maybe some AI bases although a number of servers have basically the same idea.

My main interest in a script pack was to get a starting point. Servers are hard to get off the ground and build a population these days it seems, and this saves me a lot of upfront work to get all the basic features that are expected up and running. That way if in a couple months the server's dead and empty I won't have invested a crap ton of time setting it up.

Thanks!

There's a lot of servers out there and simply taking someone else's work and putting it on your server isn't enough to bring in the players. Also, those packs become obsolete when an update comes out that changes stuff and if you don't know how to set it up yourself, you'll be out of luck until someone updates the pack.

Back