Scripting help?

Sinister

Hey guys, me and some friends recently bought a DayZ.ST server. I was wondering how I can add custom scripts to it (such as Meleeing zeds, cannibalising cars, halo jumping, smelting cans to scrap metal/whiskey bottles to glass, cars spawning with random loot and basebuilding.)

I am completely new to all of this and any help would be much appreciated, also the server doesn't seem to spawning much loot, I also tried adding a few vehicles via the DayZ.ST control panel, but they don't spawn, I am running a Taviana.com server. Help would be appreciated thanks :)

if you want the base building you really need to run dayz+ as far as the others i can get my scripter to help you but im sure he will want compensation for his time... if your interested please PM me do not post you questions in this forum as i would like to keep it private

Most of the described scripts are well explained in their corresponding threads. Just search them here in the forum. If you have questions about the implementation just ask in the thread.

this is true but if he just wants someone to do it for him... ill give advice for free that's not an issue as most of wat ive learned i learned her from others for free

Letting other people do my stuff causes a dependency of help. Learning by doing is still the best method of a learning process. But its nice that you want to help him. :)

Yeah I'd like to learn myself, but I'm more inclined to look at something existing and build off of it, it's how I learned cleo scripts for gta sa

If you are willing to learn just look in the Scripting Discussions section - Just pick out the scripts you want & read the readme.

I also tried adding a few vehicles via the DayZ.ST control panel, but they don't spawn

How did you spawn them? Right click on the Admin Map? If you did and an icon of the vehicle appeared on the map you need to restart the server to make the change happen.

Just read the threads, implementing the above scripts really is not that hard. The readmes are generally easy enough for my 2 year old to follow.

Back