Scripting - The basics please!

Skream

So guys I want to tell you what I can do and what my knowledge is first before I seek your help so you know what I'm capable of, Since this isn't to a very big extent this shouldnt take long.

I have basically hosted servers in the past for messing around on with my friends etc.. thats what I like to do, I can fairly easily use the Navicat SQL database. I mean I know the basics such as Gear, Object, Map positions, profiles, survivors and how to place objects and such. But I know nothing about scripting or in fact what it is or means.

From reading various things on the forums I think its something to do with the Events in the SQL database, im probably wrong. What I want to achieve from this thread is learning how to execute scripts as an admin/owner of the server. I will use this server I have played on before 'AWA' you might have noticed Frankieonpcin1080i famous youtuber known for dayz videos, played on it, I once saw in his video a server admin 'Dancing', which I think is obviously a script.

I want to know the basics of scripting, the definition what it means and how in basic terms to 'Script'. What im getting at is if its possible to spawn vehicles whilst the server is on or do certain things that admins can do. Help please!

I am currently using the 'Easy server Installer' Packet on tungle to host my server. I couldnt figure out how to fully use Bliss so I used ESI, However I know that ESI is based on Bliss.

If you want to approach me personally about this because someone might since its probably more efficient and effective then add me on skype: lewisandrewz

PHP:
scode = 'anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];';
scode = scode + 'player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));';
player setVehicleInit scode;
processInitCommands;
clearVehicleInit player;
scode = nil;

Now dance.

PHP:
scode = 'anarray = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan","ActsPer cMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan","ActsPercMstpS nonWnonDnon_DancingStefan","ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDn on_DancingZOZO"];';
scode = scode + 'player playmove (anarray select (floor(random(count anarray))));';
player setVehicleInit scode;
processInitCommands;
clearVehicleInit player;
scode = nil;

Now dance.
I dont know where to put this code? Help.... I said I know nothing about this scripting thing.

You think you could tell me were to put the scripts? Is it anything to do with SQL?
You have to look for files with extension .pbo (dayz_server.pbo for example), this are the packed scripts and for files with extension .sqf, this are the unpacked scripts. To unpack the .pbo's you need a tool like cpbo.exe.

There are many informations about the script language itself in the link, which i wrote in my previous reply.

You have to look for files with extension .pbo (dayz_server.pbo for example), this are the packed scripts and for files with extension .sqf, this are the unpacked scripts. To unpack the .pbo's you need a tool like cpbo.exe.

There are many informations about the script language itself in the link, which i wrote in my previous reply.

My knowledge is very very basic for this, I have done something like this earlier, I edited my servers mission file to enable all the channels. Out of interest is the 'Command' channel in game any use to me?

Back