Scripts.txt battleye, localMarkers

HammerHead

Hi all,

I'm trying to improve my server by adding some new scripts, but my first problem is :

When I try in singleplayer, it's working, but not in DayZ, It's a script to add player's position on the map (add a local marker) but it seems that dayz don't allow that...

Then, my second biggest problem is to allow my custom scripts to not be detected by battleye, so how can I configure the scripts.txt ? Do I have to add, remove, edit ? I'm lost, do you have a tutorial, link or other

If you can solve these problems, I would be the happiest man on earth ;)

If you go into your scripts.txt, you will see exclusions. Exclusions look something like this: !"player setPosATL _setPos;" Each exception will counter act a different action. If you use something like Gotcha antihack, you can see how you banned yourself. Using that information and the information in your scripts.log and the .rpt files you can see what you need to exclude or comment out. Comment out means put the // before the line. If you comment it out, it will allow all those actions to happen, so some sketchy things/people can happen. Hopefully this gives you a direction to go in, at the least.

ok this is an extract of the scripts.log :

Code:
08.03.2013 08:27:16: Matt (80.218.xxx.xx:44xxx) 423f6xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeed4c13870e - #18 "tance _vehicle > 10};
cutText["","PLAIN DOWN",0];
_sac = createVehicle ["Land_HBarrier1", [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_sac a"

and this is my script (the part where "tance _vehicle > 10 " appear :

Code:
cutText ["Move away from the vehicle to unload", "PLAIN DOWN", 5];
        waitUntil {_player distance _vehicle > 10};
        _sac = createVehicle ["RoadBarrier_long", [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
        _sac setDir 180;

an other parts in the log, just before this one :

Code:
08.03.2013 08:27:16: Matt (80.218.xxx.xx:44xxx) 423f6xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeed4c13870e - #11 "cle ["Land_HBarrier1", [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_sac attachTo [_player, [0,5,1]];
poserLogistique = _player addAction ["D"

and the part of code

Code:
        _sac attachTo [_player, [0,5,1]];
        poserLogistique = _player addAction ["Drop", "Scripts\logistique.sqf",[99,_sac,1], 8, true];
        P_SANDBAGS1 = P_SANDBAGS1 -1;
        publicVariable "P_SANDBAGS1";

ok so now how can I add exceptions to my script.txt ? because I want to createVehicle with my script for exemple, but I don't want anyone else to be able to create one ...

EDIT : script restriction #18

I got nothing there. Make sure you bounce this off your .rpt file for errors and if you run gotcha antihacks when it bans you for it, it will show a little more info.

the .rpt is your debug log. If you are using dayz.st use filezilla or some other FTP access program and pull it out of the mother folder. Use notepad++ or sublime to open it up and check it out. It will have a ton of lines about server initialization, then all our errors and such.

Yep. Let's say, you have added R3F and the DayZ Addin (dogs and shit). They will conflict and you will get the "Wait for Host" screen. You can then use your .RPT to troubleshoot and in there it will show you that there is a conflict and what type and it will even tell you what file and almost what line (line is usually off). I just had that problem and fixed it that way. If you spawn AI via the "Spawn AI easy" guides, it will show if they spawned and their parameters. If you use Sarge's AI, you have to set it that way, which is just the difference between a true and a false. Finally, when people get themselves banned or when they use an external (modded) action, it will register in the debug because it is non standard. So in that, you can go through and get a really good understanding on whats working and whats not and how it goes about all of it. I hope this helps you out in your journey of C++ and modding DayZ. Figuring that out was a major leap forward.

Ok here is how to fix it. Sorry it is a bit late, but I am new to the forums.

08.03.2013 08:27:16: Matt (80.218.xxx.xx:44xxx) 423f6xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeed4c13870e - #18

is the number of the script that is causing the error.

specifically:
"tance _vehicle > 10};
_sac a"

is the problem code snippet

if you were kicked for a script restriction then you need to go to the scripts.txt file and find the 18th script.
remember the first line is 0 and the commented lines don't count. also don't count lines that have wrapped.

look for a line that starts with a 5 and contains some of the code in the snippet. for example:
5 createVehicle

would be a script restriction that would kick and then log the details of anyone using a script (including a server) that contains: "createVehicle" in the script

the way to fix it is to add an exception to the line. so take you code that calls it:
"_sac = createVehicle" which is how you used that code in your script.
and change it to this:
5 createVehicle !"_sac = createVehicle"

that will now kick anyone using createVehicle unless it is "_sac = createVehicle"

please note these are not real script rules or exceptions, but just examples based on the limited information i have available. it is also quite likely that when you fix the first one, there will be more. just keep following the same process and you will eventually fix them all.

If you go into your scripts.txt, you will see exclusions. Exclusions look something like this: !"player setPosATL _setPos;" Each exception will counter act a different action. If you use something like Gotcha antihack, you can see how you banned yourself. Using that information and the information in your scripts.log and the .rpt files you can see what you need to exclude or comment out. Comment out means put the // before the line. If you comment it out, it will allow all those actions to happen, so some sketchy things/people can happen. Hopefully this gives you a direction to go in, at the least.
That is pretty bad advise. that just stops checking for script hacks and does not actually fix the issue. you need to add exceptions to the script check, not turn it off.

Back